News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Found at Cary NC hamfest

Started by rdelius, July 15, 2017, 05:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdelius

paid $5.00 each on the 500u from 10-57 and the North, 1955 capsules in the handset but network dated 1961  .$10.00 on the GEC NZ 100set. Note dial.missing lens though.Passed on a NE telephone set with text keyboard and crt and a WE? credit card set

TelePlay

That 500 U for $5 is definitely a Find of the Month candidate. What a find!

twocvbloke

I was looking at the first one (the 746-looking thing) and something seemed odd, aside from the colour, and it just hit me, the dial's reversed...  ???

rdelius

NZ used the reversed dial .Also notice the cradle has  a clear plastic attachment that allows the telephone to be used as a wall set also.dated 1976 but the green is badly yellowed

LarryInMichigan

The North wall phone is also a good FOTM.  I sold an ivory one for $300+.

Those NZ phones are understandably quite rare in this part of the world, but I don't think that they are especially valuable.  I would have paid $10 for one though.  A soaking in chlorine bleach and water in the warm sunlight should bring back the original color.

Larry

andy1702

That NZ phone will probably have the front two feet missing. That's the holes used to hang it on a bracket to fix it to the wall. You'll need to take the case off, slacken the dial clamping ring and rotate it 180 degrees. That would make it a wall phone, similar to the 1/706 occasionally seen in the UK.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.