News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gray WE-500 11-1958

Started by Dan/Panther, September 25, 2017, 04:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

What would be a good estimated value for a 1958 soft shell, open center dial, all matching dates, with gray line cord and 4 prong plug, G3 handset dial operates smooth, in absolutely great original condition.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

WEBellSystemChristian

It all depends. There are so few bidders at any one time in most auctions that it really boils down to how much someone wants it.

I'd guess it could be worth around $100-200, but some may not pay more than $70 for it.

It's definitely far more complete than most, even (especially) mine.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Russ Kirk

Dan,

Is this yours? Thinking of selling?

Russ
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

HarrySmith

Is it Gray? One poicture appears Beige and another White? What does the real color look like?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: HarrySmith on September 25, 2017, 05:55:32 PM
Is it Gray? One poicture appears Beige and another White? What does the real color look like?
The title states that it's indeed Gray.

I agree that the color in the pictures does seem a little confusing. However, just knowing the color and seeing the condition of the phone is probably all we need to know regarding value or rarity.
Christian Petterson

Dan/Panther

Yes it's mine.  I need to move some stuff to cut back on expenses.
It's gray, not Rose beige or white.
Here is another photo of the phone.
D/P

Babybearjs

you know, that's the problem with old phones... they discolor.... the gray look just as bad as the beige when they get old....
John

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Dan/Panther

I haven't listed it. I was just wondering what it might go for in today's market. If It looks like I'll take too much of a loss I won't list it.
I plan to list many 302's and 500's most still in the priority box I received them in. Projects that I intended to finish, but never got to.

D/P

HarrySmith

I hate to see anyone selling off thier phones but keep me in mind! I may be interested in a few.
Thanks, Harry
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

Harry

I'm selling off the Project phones that have been in the boxes I received them in, many have sat untouched for years.
I'm not selling off my collection, just the ones I bought and they just sit in priority boxes doing no
one any good.
You'll know I'm serious if you see me ask about a value on the 48-500 Field Trial set.
D/P

HarrySmith

Quote from: Dan/Panther on September 27, 2017, 12:48:34 PMYou'll know I'm serious if you see me ask about a value on the 48-500 Field Trial set.
If I see you ask about that I will either call the mental hospital or get on the next flight up there!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: HarrySmith on September 27, 2017, 02:17:49 PM
If I see you ask about that I will either call the mental hospital or get on the next flight up there!

Either that, or admit him to an asylum and 'take care of' his house while he's being evaluated! ;D
Christian Petterson