News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Nice little fix for today. "Stickey feet"

Started by Firefyter-Emt, March 13, 2009, 10:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefyter-Emt

Well my WE-500 has the round hard rubber feet, and while they may of been softer decades ago, they are hard as a rock now.  The other day I decided it was a good time to put a nice coat of paste wax on my 1940's oak desk.  Yea, that was a bad move! I could not even dial the phone without holding it!

I stopped at the hardware store to look for a fix and found some self-stick "bumpers" or feet.  I could not find any big enough, so I got the best I could and brought them home.  Well it turns out that the 1/2" ones were the perfect choice!  They are almost a dead match to the size of the hole in the original feet, and the thickness when stuck to the rivet that holds the foot on to the base is just a little bit higher than the foot.  My phone now feels like it is glued to my desk and I can dial again! 

The cost was under $5.00 and when the phone is sitting, you can not even tell that they are there, it looks just the phone is sitting on the original feet.

BDM

There's a snappy idea for those super smooth surfaces, like glass tables. Thanks.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Dennis Markham

.........And you have enough for two more phones!

McHeath

I did something like this with my princess phone, that rubber bottom was slippery and hard and these silicon feet things also come in flat panels.  That princess phone now stands up to any California quake! 

Firefyter-Emt

Yea, they work great, but the best part is that they are invisible when you look at the phone.  I mean no matter how hard you try to see then, when the phone is on the desk... you just can't see them!

Dan/Panther

Great idea, I'm off to Home Depot. I hate it when I dial my phone, and the finger wheel stays srtill, and the phone turns completely around. I have a glass topped desk.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

DavePEI

I just wash them, put some talcum powder, and fresh socks on ! :-) Couldn't resist it! Forgive me for I have sinned!

D
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001