News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Contempra - what is that on the side?

Started by FABphones, April 22, 2019, 04:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

I have never seen a Contempra with this on the side, am guessing it is poss a volume dial?

Has anyone got or seen one of these before and is that side dial/button original to the phone?

ETA: Seller says colour is Beige.

Thanks for any info.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

paul-f

I haven't seen one either, but have seen Contempras (and other sets) modified by hobbyists or OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) for special purposes. Some were reproduced in small production batches with documentation.

While we're looking for an owner of a similar set and documentation, can more info on the set be provided?

At a minimum, it would be helpful to see good quality photos of the internal components and any markings on the bottom and sides of the set. It might help us speculate on the intended purpose.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

FABphones

Quote from: paul-f on April 22, 2019, 09:11:05 AM
........it would be helpful to see good quality photos of the internal components and any markings on the bottom and sides of the set. It might help us speculate on the intended purpose.

I have asked for photos of underneath and inside but unlikely an inside photo will be received. Attached new additional photo taken from side view. This shows a crack in handset, seller says also the same damage on the other side.

The make is Northern Telecom. Will post with any additional info as soon as received.

andy1702

I have a modern audio mixing desk with exactly that type of knob on all of the pots, so I'd say it's been fitted later, possibly as some sort of volume control.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

FABphones

I asked seller for photos of interior but none received. If any additional photos turn up I will be sure to post them here. The knob looks like a later add on to me too, but the holes have been done quite well. I would have liked to see what they did inside.

FABphones

Additional photo, underneath.