News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

"Hip" To be at Brimfield!!

Started by Doug Rose, July 10, 2018, 03:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Is this a sought after payphone or just a cool design?  I am looking at it for more of a display phone.

Payphone collectors...your thoughts?....Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Doug Rose on July 11, 2018, 08:39:39 PM
Is this a sought after payphone or just a cool design?  I am looking at it for more of a display phone.

Payphone collectors...your thoughts?....Doug
I think they are  cooler to  desk phone collectors than to payphone collectors.
I have a gray one in poor condition. I bought it at a Kansas phone show auction for around $10-15
I also have a modern TT plastic one.  It was a phone show donation. I won t for $5.00.
Keep in mind, my are in poor condition and the coin doors have been popped. (and it was a Kansas phone show auction)

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

tubaman

Agree with everyone on the payphone - so cool!
Wish we had shows like that in the UK.
:)

Doug Rose

I got the Payphone cleaned up today and it looks pretty nice. It calls out but does not ring on incoming. Made in Japan by Tamura Electric for ITT Kellogg. I am very happy with the way it turned out. This is one I have wanted for a long time. Red is just a bonus!...Doug
Kidphone

RotarDad

Awesome, Doug!  A great addition to your phone room.  The red really pops, the condition is very nice, and the chunky design is pleasing to look at on display.
Paul

Doug Rose

thanks Paul....I am very pleased.

My second "find" at Brimfield is an amazing WE stick with an outside terminal receiver. Outside terminal Marked cup as well. Paint and the nickel is in really nice shape. Original green cloth wires show age, but I am leaving it as 1s....done for the day!!....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

WOW! That stick looks awesome. Great find.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Thanks Harry...very lucky to get two really nice phones that landed in my collection. I was very fortunate on Tuesday....Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

Gary

Desert Phone Guy

What is the marking on the perch of the candlestick?  Interesting that it has a *229* transmitter, pony, one wire transmitter back cup, and a hollow perch.

What are the terminals like inside?  Are they screws or nuts?

Doug Rose

Steve ...perch marked 20 SC....I have not opened the phone yet. I will as I need to recover the base plate. I am still sorting out what I got. Vacation this week so it will have to wait. I am really amazed at the paint and the nickel. Cords do show their  age, over all a real nice, hopefully untouched stick.  I did put on a different MP....Doug
Kidphone

Desert Phone Guy

It looks really nice, especially the finish...  I feel lucky in Arizona to find a metal 302 amongst the tumbleweeds and monsoons....    ::)

Doug Rose

thanks Steve...it is a keeper!...Doug
Kidphone