News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Vintage North Electric Deco Telephone Dark Green eBay 250731367219

Started by Doug Rose, November 30, 2010, 12:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I took a shot on this. Sellers said it was green, looks to be a dark green as the handset cord and finger wheel are black and there is a difference. I was fortunate enough to find a North Galion in Mahogany a few months ago, so I'm hoping my luck holds. I was surprised that no one else jumped on this. I've been watching it for a solid week. I asked the seller for a BIN and was told the auction would run to the end. Great thing about bakelite is steel wool should bring the original color back. I'll let you know, my fingers are crossed.....Doug

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=250731367219&si=w3%252FjHMD0GdOtKZOKnAPX6GIPcw8%253D&viewitem=&autorefresh=true
Kidphone

Doug Rose

IT'S GREEN!!!!! It works with NO chips cracks or missing pieces to the base and only a real small chip out of the bottom of the transmitter cap. It just needs a good long hand polish....IT'S GREEN!!!

It has a North dial with a black plastic finger wheel. Anyone have a clear North finger wheel??

Doug
Kidphone

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Doug Rose

thanks Russ...I am thrilled. Its bakelite so it will clean up fairly easy. Fine steel wool and Brasso. Followed by fine steel wool and Norvus II and you can see i am moving the brown coating. looks like it came from a really heavy smoker and has some sun fade....Doug
Kidphone

Tribune

That's really beautiful Kidphone! A good addition to any collection. And a good deal it seems too.
Nice one!
Mark Furze - TCI, ATCA

To miss-quote "Bones" McCoy . . .
                     "darn it Jim - I'm a doctor, not a telephone engineer!"

Doug Rose

thanks...I appreciate it. All done for tonight, time for a shower and my Pats on Monday night.....are you ready for some football!!!!
Kidphone

JorgeAmely

Jorge

LarryInMichigan

Doug has done it again!  Another rare, valuable phone for a steal.  Janet must have been somewhere nearby when he found it.

Larry

Doug Rose

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on December 06, 2010, 09:02:18 PM
Doug has done it again!  Another rare, valuable phone for a steal.  Janet must have been somewhere nearby when he found it.

Larry
Larry...this time it was all me (for a change), I was shocked it went so cheap. Bad pictures helped me out...Doug
Kidphone

McHeath

Greg G.

Quote from: Kidphone on December 06, 2010, 07:35:25 PM
thanks Russ...I am thrilled. Its bakelite so it will clean up fairly easy. Fine steel wool and Brasso. Followed by fine steel wool and Norvus II and you can see i am moving the brown coating. looks like it came from a really heavy smoker and has some sun fade....Doug

What, no Avon SSS?  How do you know it wasn't orignally black, and just faded green? ;)
I actually like the darker green.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

elmwood

Doug Rose

Quote from: Brinybay on December 07, 2010, 01:45:59 AM
Quote from: Kidphone on December 06, 2010, 07:35:25 PM

What, no Avon SSS?  How do you know it wasn't orignally black, and just faded green? ;)
I actually like the darker green.
Greg...there will be SSS once I am am finished getting brown fade off. I really had not idea if it was black or green as the pics were bad. When only one other person was interested in it, I got nervous. It is a beautiful emerald green with a deep shine, looks like jade. I need to find a clear north finger wheel....Doug
Kidphone

bingster

Many of these had color-matching fingerwheels, so you could also get a black fingerwheel and paint it green.
= DARRIN =

Doug Rose

Here are a few in progress pictures of the restoration. No cords yet. It's coming out good, but I don't think I'll chance getting it back to its original color. Its a little darker than original, but almost all of the brown fade is out.

Darrin, I doubt I could ever some close with matching this grean. Looks like a dark jade and it has a depth to it. Still looking for a clear North Finger wheel....Doug
Kidphone