News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Scarce phones on eBay

Started by WesternElectricBen, August 09, 2012, 11:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

The last months I have been looking on eBay I have noticed the the quality of phones have decreased (like bad shape and discolored). Also the price for Thease are rocketed through the sky. I haven't had a phone perches in two months! My point is that eBay is becoming a very doty site. On the other hand Craig's list I fond a 302 for 20 bucks with the metal casing, things have really started turning around for me. Even a nice 3 slot was 100 dollars cheeper than my bucket of junk. (233g upper half and 2335 base) anyone elese with the same oppion?

McHeath

E-bay is hit or miss it seems. Sometimes there are a lot of nice phones, other times nothing much.  There certainly seem to be a lot of phones for sale these days on the Bay. 

TelePlay

Quote from: B.McCabe on August 09, 2012, 11:15:43 PM
The last months I have been looking on eBay I have noticed the the quality of phones have decreased (like bad shape and discolored). Also the price for Thease are rocketed through the sky. I haven't had a phone perches in two months! My point is that eBay is becoming a very doty site. On the other hand Craig's list I fond a 302 for 20 bucks with the metal casing, things have really started turning around for me. Even a nice 3 slot was 100 dollars cheeper than my bucket of junk. (233g upper half and 2335 base) anyone elese with the same oppion?

I've noticed the same thing. Got a great BIN 2 weeks ago 4 minutes after it was listed but other than that, haven't purchased anything in over a month. Hope it is spotty and the good stuff comes back. Most of the current listings seem to be high priced junk.

twocvbloke

The last phone I got that I thought to be a bargain was my manual GPO 706, not found anything worthwhile since then, either because people have more money than sense and are over-paying, or people think they're sat on a goldmine and want lots of money (and never sell, funnily enough!!)... :-\

It's just a case of waiting and seeing what turns up... :)

WesternElectricBen

I was thinking the same thing, how just a stranded 500 is gold because it might be 40 years old.
Hope yah find another cool phone

AE_Collector

I moved the WECo 500 with the dial off of an AE 183 grafted onto it to the Frankenphone - Kludge of the Month topic ( and it's a Beauty)!

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2825.msg93891#msg93891

Terry