"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Interesting Frankenphone / parts phone

Started by Mr. Bones, June 25, 2015, 08:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bones

I've never even heard of this variant being discussed, much less seen one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161739999052 $45.00.

I've posted one of the pictures, for posterity.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

TelePlay

Says the listing is ended. Did it end normally or was is pulled by the seller?

I like that offset handset. Doesn't look like it even touches the plungers.

Who wudda thunk, an E1 on a '60 500.

Okay, the pictures do show the handset cord is unattached. So, listing was really for two parts, an E1 and a 500.

andre_janew

I have to agree with TelePlay on this one.  I saw that same listing and the handset and the phone weren't even connected to each other.  The listing was for a 500(actually a 510!)phone and an E-1 handset.  Two separate parts were just being sold together.

TelePlay

Another one? I'm not familiar with the phone but it sure looks like the handset shown is not the right handset for the phone. Looks like it also does not touch the plungers. Coincidence to have two similar Frankenphones on eBay within a few weeks?

This one is a BIN $20 phone with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metropolis-phone-Conair-Vintage-Retro-look-works-great-Grey-black-push-button-/121688894071

andre_janew

People must be clearing stuff out of their attics, garages, and basements.  Unfortunately, nothing matches.  It is all odds and ends!

WEBellSystemChristian

Ugh, the Metropolis! I believe those are sold by Pottery Barn, and they are the cheapest pieces of garbage I have ever seen! Nothings even fits together well; everything was just slapped on in hopes of it working right!

I can't even believe UL passed it as a quality consumer phone (or did they...) ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

andre_janew

Maybe so, but you have to admit that the WE G series handset fits even worse than what was originally on it.  I wonder if the E-1 would fit the Metropolis any better than the G series.

Mr. Bones

Quote from: TelePlay on June 25, 2015, 09:41:31 PM
Says the listing is ended. Did it end normally or was is pulled by the seller?

In answer to your question, John... the auction ended normally.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus