News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Howdy from Germany

Started by Gerd, March 06, 2024, 09:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerd

I just cigned up to this Forum and wanted to introduce myself to you guys out there.
My name is Gerd from Kiel, Germany. I am a ´59er and I love old telephones and everything that I would call "retro".
I am running an Asterisk PBX on a Pi4/4, a Grandstream 1615, 2 german FeTAp 611 running as Hardphones on this Box.
As I like Shapes like the Electric 500 Series (I am a big Fan of that Ringtones, known from my favourite Series "The Rockford Files") and the GPO 706 I am looking for those phones. If anybody could help me I really would appreciate that.
I contacted someone near London/UK - don´t know if it is allowed to call the name here but sadly didn´t get a response yet.
At least let me say: I am glad I found this forum with all that great hints and tips - and I hope my English is not too bad.
Cheers,
Gerd 

HarrySmith

Hi Gerd,
Welcome to the forum. Your English is just fine. You have found the best forum on the net. Lots of friendly knowledgeable people here who love to help. We have quite a few members on your side of the pond, I am sure they can help you find what you are looking for. We LOVE pictures. Got any of your phones?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Contempra

Quote from: Gerd on March 06, 2024, 09:08:30 AMAt least let me say: I am glad I found this forum with all that great hints and tips - and I hope my English is not too bad.

Welcome..your english is better than mine .

dsk

Welcome!  Here in Europe the phone interests is splitted up in many separate groups, and by my opinion this is the best forum on internet :-)

Germany has had some different solutions from whats most common in the USA, lower resistance on the ringers and other things, but most of it is compatible with the the equipment that is described here.  My oldest working dial phone is a ZB/SA-11. It is easy to dial wrong number with that dial. :)

I have got a Panasonic KXT 6-16 (UK version) as a PABX at home, and so far "everything" works there.

dsk