News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Woodworking gone beautiful.....

Started by Babybearjs, September 06, 2016, 12:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I was browsing Ebay and cam across this..... Great woodworking job, love the color and the way to recreate the old wooden subsets using modern parts... Thank you Jim in Texas!
John

Pourme

I wanted one of those as well....enjoy!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

AE_Collector

Nicely made item. It still has the problem (like Ray K's subsets) that there is no easy way to wall mount it and then attach the cover since the cover screws go through the back unto the cover. This unit could quite easily be made with the blocks attached to the back board rather than the cover and the screws for the cover going through the side of the cover into the backboard which would solve the wall mounting problem though the cover mounting screws would no longer be hidden.

Terry

19and41

A couple of ferrules for the mounting board and a couple of long flat pan head screws to go through the front cover using those glue blocks as centering points.  A pair of those formed sheet metal washers for the screw heads like they use for upholstery . and it would look just right.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Pourme

I have 3 302 chassis on my phone room wall now being used as subsets. I haven't ordered one of those or the covers for the same reason. Still seeking a reasonable & affordable solution.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

TelePlay

That may be a re-list. This very nice piece of woodworking was first posted and discussed about a month ago in this topic:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=16588.0

Just took me a bit to find it. That listing had 3 available and the listing when it was ended by the seller showed 1 as being sold. The price is for the subset only, the phone was not included.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subset-for-Western-Electric-Vintage-Antique-202-Telephone-/162155763800

Screen capture below is for the ended listing showing one sold and the end date.