News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

4/59 Working 500 set with Handset and HEADSET

Started by Doug Rose, August 20, 2013, 07:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This is really different,   WORKING Western Electric Telephone Dated 3/31/59 with Working HEADSET RING!! Both the handset and the headset work. This is just as found except for the modular jack I added to the line cord.  White House dial card, take this as it was on the phone, nothing more. Shell is dated 3/31/59, base is dated 4/59. dial is dated 4/59, coils is dated 4/59, bottom of phone is dated 4/59 and the ringer is dated II 59, second quarter 1959. Phone looks untouched for FIFTY FOUR YEARS!! Fully function, dial spins and returns with a little help, need some lubrication. Conversation is loud and clear, NO STATIC on the headset or the handset. I could not unscrew the handset caps as they are tight. This is a very different phone.

I know the White House dial card is easily available, this phone just seems untouched since 1959....Doug
Kidphone

WesternElectricBen

jfrutschy

HowardPgh

Nice phone.  Is there a switch to go between the headset and handset?
I think that is someone's fantasy phone!  Sort of similar idea to the red ones that say "Hot Line" in the dial center.
I thought that type of setup had a double jack for the headset on the back of the phone.
Howard