News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Federal Desk Telephone

Started by wds, April 20, 2013, 05:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

I have been wanting one of these for a while now, but were always out of my price range.  Finally got one - just love this style.  Appears to be all original, with no missing parts.  
Dave

cchaven

Wow...that is sweet.  It's got some really nice nickel plating on it.  Has it been restored?  It's the earlier version of the one I have from Kellogg...it has the more ornate cradle.  I read a history of these particular phones years ago.

Jeff

wds

No, doesn't appear to be restored, all original.  it was pretty dirty when I got it, but it polished up real nice.  Don't see these too often.
Dave

LarryInMichigan

So YOU were the guy who outbid me!  You really got a bargain, but less so than you would have gotten without my bid.

Larry

wds

Yes, a great price.  I noticed when I was polishing up the bakelite, the stem, ear piece and the handle, that it emitted a stink while I was polishing.  Anyone know why it would stink like that?
Dave

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: wds on April 21, 2013, 09:44:03 AM
I noticed when I was polishing up the bakelite, the stem, ear piece and the handle, that it emitted a stink while I was polishing.  Anyone know why it would stink like that?

Probably because they are not bakelite, but hard rubber.  My Kellogg Grabaphone handsets have hard rubber parts.

Larry

mienaichizu

Wow nice phone you have there