News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

READ FIRST! - Create your own personal "My Telephone Collection" Display

Started by AE_Collector, December 08, 2012, 02:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Now everyone on CRPF can create their own personal "My Telephone Collection" Display Topic in an area reserved for just that purpose right here on the CRPF.

Go to the "Collector's Corner" board and then to this board called "My Telephone Collection". Create your own personal post including your forum name in the subject line and then start posting pictures of your phones along with descriptions and model names etc. Come back frequently to add more pictures as your collection grows.

Try not to ask for help with your phones here in this area, do that elsewhere on the forum. This is primarily for pictures and information abut YOUR phone collection.

Don't add pictures of your phones in someone else's topic, their topic is for their Telephone Collection Pictures only.

I found three older topics along this line already hiding on the forum and moved them here. I also added the grand daddy of them all, the "Virtual Telephone Show" topic here but try not to add too much more to that one, instead create your own new individual topic here. If anyone has posted lots of pictures of their collection into the existing "Virtual Telephone Show" topic and wants to have their posts stripped out of that topic into your own new personal thread, contact me or another Global Moderator to do that for you.

Lets see how it goes....Have fun!

Terry

AE_Collector

Who is going to be next to build their own display of their phone collection topic right here? Is anyone thinking about it? I have made it that far (thinking) but haven't progressed any farther yet.

Maybe an "Over the Holidays" project...

If anyone wants me to seperate out their collecton pictures that already exist in the "Virtual Telephone Show" topic into their own individual Collection Topic, let me know.

Terry

Dennis Markham

Quote from: AE_Collector on December 08, 2012, 02:45:07 AM

Go to the "Collector's Corner" board and then to this board called "My Telephone Collection Display". Create your own personal post including your forum name in the subject line and then start posting pictures of your phones along with descriptions and model names etc. Come back frequently to add more pictures as your collection grows.
Lets see how it goes....Have fun!
Terry

That section can be found here:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?board=68.0

What I think Terry had in mind was for you to begin a new topic, just for you, rather than adding to this topic.

~Dennis

AE_Collector

There....all done. I'm gettin pretty good at splitting & merging topics!

So now david@london and Doug Rose each have their own new "Telephone Collection Topics" here that they can add pictures to at any time and that particular topic will just be of their collection.

As Doug said in his post "Who's Next?"

Terry

AE_Collector

Okay, that's it...the "Virtual Telephone Show" topic is now a whole bunch of Personal Telephone Shows here on the "My Telephone Collection Display" board.

Check to see if you have a Display Topic here already and if so consider posting some updated pictures.

If you don't yet have your own Telephone Dispaly Topic, time to get the camera out and start working on one so that we can see all of your telephone treasures.

Terry

twocvbloke

AE_Collector

There, your pictures are here with all of your "friends" now....

Actually, I missed TWO. Found "Vern's Place" elsewhere and moved it here as well. If anyone finds other topics that should be here, let me know.

Terry

m1898

This is a good idea. Please thank the person who did mine for me.  Jim
"Oh lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, I get better looking each day"

AE_Collector

That's me! I hoped that creating personal topics would encourage people to post pictures of their own collection here and to update their topic as they acquire more phones. Lets see how it works out.

Thanks Jim....

Terry