News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Panasonic Easa-Phone Key Service Unit Model No. 30910 any good?

Started by Sargeguy, January 03, 2014, 02:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

I have a 308 that serves me well but I wanted another to use as a portable display for antique shows etc.  My budget is around $50.  Is the Panasonic 30910 a good option?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

twocvbloke

I've not heard of that model number, are you sure that's not just a typo (I.E. 30810)? If it is, then, a 308 is a 308, just make sure it's the one with modular sockets... :)

Or, buy yourself a 616 and use the current 308 as the portable unit... :)

Sargeguy

I thoght it was a typo but here it is:

Panasonic Easa-Phone Key Service Unit Model No. 30910

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

dsk

This page: http://tinyurl.com/o4wduzr tells us:

PLEASE NOTE:

The Panasonic VA-30910 KSU phone system can NOT be used with regular telephones. The VA-30910 KSU requires a Panasonic business phone to operate. Customers are responsible to make sure that the parts ordered are compatible. The best way to make sure you are ordering the right Panasonic VA-30910 KSU is to look on the bottom for the part number. It should have the following located on the bottom or side of the KSU: "Panasonic VA-30910 KSU".

dsk

paul

Quote from: dsk on January 03, 2014, 04:04:19 PM

The Panasonic VA-30910 KSU phone system can NOT be used with regular telephones. The VA-30910 KSU requires a Panasonic business phone to operate. Customers are responsible to make sure that the parts ordered are compatible. The best way to make sure you are ordering the right Panasonic VA-30910 KSU is to look on the bottom for the part number. It should have the following located on the bottom or side of the KSU: "Panasonic VA-30910 KSU".

I found that too, but this manual says that it can work with single line tone dial only phones.
http://download.tigersea.com/telecom/panasonic/va-30910/manuals_file/299715.pdf

twocvbloke

That'll be the first one I've seen... ???

Anyway, looking at the manuals here:
http://www.wedophones.com/Manuals/Panasonic/Panasonic%20VA/

It would seem it's not suited to being used like the KX-T308, as the instruction for the 309, 824 and 1232 versions state that up to 4 Straight Line Telephones (Touch Tone only) can be connected to the systems and only on the Power Fail extensions... :-\

Sargeguy

The same site says this:

QuotePLEASE NOTE:

The Panasonic KX-T61610 phone system can NOT be used with regular telephones. The Panasonic KX-T61610 phone system requires a Panasonic business phone to operate. Customers are responsible to make sure that the parts ordered are compatible. The best way to make sure you are ordering the right Panasonic KX-T61610 phone system is to look on the bottom for the part number. It should have the following located on the bottom of the system: "Panasonic KX-T61610 phone system".

???

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

twocvbloke

In other words, it won't work with proper phones... ;D

You'd be better off looking at another KX-T308 or a 616, cos we know they work... :D

Sargeguy

I guess we'll find out when it arrives!  The best offer I submitted before realizing that I was looking for a 308 and not a 309 was accepted, so this experiment is costing me $60 shipped.  I am not too concerned as I can probably re-sell it for that much if it does not work for me.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

twocvbloke

Ah, yeah, it'd make for a good paperweight in the meantime though... ;D

poplar1

Quote from: Sargeguy on January 03, 2014, 04:14:24 PM
The same site says this:

QuotePLEASE NOTE:

The Panasonic KX-T61610 phone system can NOT be used with regular telephones. The Panasonic KX-T61610 phone system requires a Panasonic business phone to operate. Customers are responsible to make sure that the parts ordered are compatible. The best way to make sure you are ordering the right Panasonic KX-T61610 phone system is to look on the bottom for the part number. It should have the following located on the bottom of the system: "Panasonic KX-T61610 phone system".

???

This appears to be inaccurate since so many of us use single line rotary and Touch-Tone sets with a KX-T61610. A Panasonic proprietary phone is needed to change default programming but not for making calls.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

twocvbloke

Eh? Where did that quote come from? I thought it was what DSK said yesterday in his post... ???

(but then, I was half asleep when I posted last night, so may have missed that bit about the 616)

dsk

Yes, and it seems to be right, thay state this for the 616 too, and we know its wrong. So its really hope for that 30910 too, or??

dsk

twocvbloke

Quote from: dsk on January 05, 2014, 08:18:39 AMSo its really hope for that 30910 too, or??

dsk

Well, I looked through the instructions for the VA-30910 and it states it can only have 4 regular touchtone phones on the power fail extensions, rather than have any phone on any extension like the KX-T308 or 616... :)

Sargeguy

My brand new, never installed 30910 arrived today.  I un-boxed it, powered it up and plugged in a 202.  No tone in any of the jacks.  Haven't had a chance to look at it in detail but I think I will re-box it and put it back on eBay while it is brand new rather than experiment with it further.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409