News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

who here knows how much a white 1958 500 in perfect shape would be worth?

Started by DANIELPHONEFREAK, April 10, 2010, 04:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DANIELPHONEFREAK

i have a white 500 1958 in perfect shape
as in:not yellowed,old finger wheel,rec.caps with no holes in middle,
long white hard wired rec.cord,orignal line cord with white 4-prong plug.
anybody know how much it is worth?

thanks,
daniel.

Jester

Welcome, DANIEL.

The set as you describe it has the potential of bringing the seller alot of money.  Early tenite plastics in white that aren't discolored are sought after and not easy to find.  I have no clue what the top dollar might be, but your set definitely has a certain "investment" value besides the collector value.
Stephen

Dan/Panther

Daniel;
As one collector to another, I think it would be best if you just send to me.
How does that sound ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan

I would think $75-$100 on Ebay, with a good presentation (like finlover style).
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

paul-f

Look carefully to make sure it wasn't painted during refurb (may be white over white plastic).

The early white plastic yellowed so reliably that a pristine set found today either spent its life in a box or has been restored.

An unfaded white soft plastic set would probably bring several hundred dollars from a motivated collector.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

JorgeAmely

Daniel:

I have a 1958 white set that spent its life in a box. I still have the original box and wrappings that came with it. You are welcome to check out my photo album at this site:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Amelyenator/NeverUsedBeforeWhite1958WesternElectricModel500#

The seller's picture is attached.

The next picture is how is looks today. It sits in a shelf away from sunlight and lamps.
Jorge

LarryInMichigan

Jorge,

It is much to sunny in California to keep that phone safe.  You had better send it to me here in Michigan, where it is almost always cloudy.  We wouldn't want that poor phone to suffer a sun burn, would we? ;)

Larry

Phonesrfun

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on April 11, 2010, 04:20:20 PM
Jorge,
It is much to sunny in California to keep that phone safe.  You had better send it to me here in Michigan, where it is almost always cloudy.  We wouldn't want that poor phone to suffer a sun burn, would we? ;)
Larry
Larry:

I am sure that before he put it outside to take the picture, he greased it up with SPF.

Looks absolutely great, Jorge, SPF and all.
-Bill G