News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SS NORMANDIE FIRST CLASS CABIN TELEPHONE

Started by mercevo2, June 14, 2014, 03:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

The Normandie is such a beautiful phone. when I saw it I had this idea that I had a phone like it. Well, it wasn't a phone but a Telechron clock I picked up a few weeks ago. Its sitting in the to do pile. I just got back from the Cape, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Plugged it and it it keeps perfect time....so far. Really different design. It is a must sitting next to your SS Normandie   8) ....Doug
Kidphone

mercevo2

Hi Doug,
Thats a nice clock, made by Telechron in Ashland Massachusetts, I guess from the same sort of era, see that you said it would be nice to sit by the side of my Normandie phone, may I ask if you are trying to sell it to me ???????.....could be of interest. I guess you are in the US.....I live in the UK, but buy lots of phone from the US
look forward to hearing from you#
all the best Alan

Doug Rose

Hey Alan....no I wasn't trying to sell it to you. It just struck me of the very similar design. It will be on eBay in the coming weeks. PM me if you are looking to buy....sorry for any confusion....Doug
Kidphone

mercevo2

Hi Doug
Just as a matter of interest what price would you be looking for ???
all the best Alan

Doug Rose

Alan....I have no ides what it is worth. I usually let eBay decide. We have some clock collectors on the Forum, maybe the can chime in....Doug
Kidphone

mercevo2

Hi Doug
Thats fine, more than happy to bid, would you be kind enough to email me the listing number, so I can have a go.......do you intend to retore it first.
many tks Alan

mercevo2

Hi Doug......I cant see my reply to you, so I have no idea if you ever received it, I just wondered if you would be kind enough to accept $80 plus shipping......to my sons address...zip CA 94903....many tks Alan

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Doug Rose

According to Larry, it is a Telechron 8B07 Baron (1936-39)....Doug
Kidphone