Main Menu

"Rotary stepper line finder thingy"

Started by Rokumoncat, May 06, 2013, 10:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rokumoncat

Hi,

On the e-place, I have found this unit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271113202852

I am wondering who manufactured this unit and if anyone knows any thing about it. Would this work in an AE SxS set up as a line finder?

Thank you much,

R. Cat

G-Man

Quote from: Rokumoncat on May 06, 2013, 10:27:17 AM
Hi,

On the e-place, I have found this unit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271113202852?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_274wt_813

I am wondering who manufactured this unit and if anyone knows any thing about it. Would this work in an AE SxS set up as a line finder?

Thank you much,

R. Cat

I am not aware as to what a "thingy" is but TSI-3AR is the number of an electronic relay which was used to replace relays subject to high contact arching on Strowger switches.

It is the black rectangle shown mounted on the top right side of the switch shown in the second photo. There was also an equivalent model offered for use on Stromberg Carlson XY switches as well.

Judging from the D-numbers on the relays, I believe the Strowger switch that is shown in the photos was manufactured by A.E.

However, it appears as if a remanufacturer added a circuit board to either update the circuitry or to adapt it for use in some other application. So I doubt that you will be able to find documentation for it and even a very knowledgeable switcher may find it to be a challenge to integrate into a demo switch.

Aside from that, the brushes are damaged and will have to be replaced making it more likely that you would be money ahead by purchasing a switch from Phil McCarter or some other knowledgeable switcher. If you are still unable to find one then you might want to try asking on the TCI list were most of the switchers reside.

ESalter

I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, but at a quick glance, it appears to be a connector.  Definitely not a linefinder, and definitely made by Automatic Electric.

---Eric

Weco355aman

It is a AE Connector. The PCB was a aftermarket add on installed by a refurbish er. No known info for the add on. The Black relay was a standard
replacement for the "A" loop relay. This was a improvement as the switches
were at the end of their life.
Phil