"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

List of Known AE Sales Type Catalogs concerning Telephone Sets

Started by JorgeAmely, June 27, 2010, 02:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

unbeldi ,
            The difference in the Circular 1712 and the 1712-A is on pg. 26 and the last page.  The 1712 pg. 26 shows the 24A36 dial and last pg. shows Circular number but no date , my copy shows the Type 51 dial on pg. 26 and on the last pg. shows Circular number followed by the date 11-53 . That's the only difference I can see  (there may be more )looking at both pg. by pg. with my wore out bi-focals and CRS . The copy that Mr. Ryan posted is better quality than mine.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

On the AE Catalogs topic, it would help with many projects if we had access to more AE catalogs and other paperwork. If anyone has anything that might be of interest that either isn't listed in the list on Page 1 of this topic or is listed but no electronic copies are listed as available, please let us know what you have!

Here is a link to the post on page 1 with the list of catalogs:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2959.msg40198#msg40198

Terry

unbeldi

Quote from: stub on March 11, 2017, 09:02:50 PM
unbeldi ,
            The difference in the Circular 1712 and the 1712-A is on pg. 26 and the last page.  The 1712 pg. 26 shows the 24A36 dial and last pg. shows Circular number but no date , my copy shows the Type 51 dial on pg. 26 and on the last pg. shows Circular number followed by the date 11-53 . That's the only difference I can see looking at both pg. by pg. The copy that Mr. Ryan posted is better quality than mine.  stub

Thanks for that comparison !
The reason I asked was indeed because of the dial, I had noticed that the 1712A was dated after the #51 was released, and so I was hoping it could clear up the confusion about the differences.  Does 1712A still show the AK-25 spring assembly ?  From what I understand, if ordered separately, even for a No. 51 dial, the springs were delivered on the same bracket.   The integrated mounting posts of the die-cast zinc housing apparently were already present since ca. 1948 or 49 with the 24A36 dial.  1712 appears to show that, and also shows the bracket. 

unbeldi

Terry, I took your raw 4055-E catalog and edited/cropped the pages, aligned them for 2-up display, ocr'ed it, and compressed it to a fraction of the original size.

Attached here, you could place a link to this file directly into your table.

Someone must have 4055-F in PDF format also, because TCI reprinted it.

AE_Collector

Thanks Karl.

I added the link to your post (with the attachment) to the AE Catalog List.

I emailed Gary Goff awhile ago to see if he had any more AE catalogs that may be of interest. I heard back from him but not about catalogs. I will check with him again.

As for the 4055-B that the Henry Ford museum lists as being in their possession, I messaged them about any possibility of arranging a loan in order to scan it. Since they have some electronic documents available I wondered if showing some interest in it might prompt them to get it scanned and make it available. Several weeks later I have had no reply from anyone there.

Terry

unbeldi

Here is a copy of Catalog 4055-N, compressed so it can be uploaded here. I believe it came from the TCI inbox at one time.  Estimated date of printing may be ca. 1962.  This was initially a guess based on the appearance of one of the secretarial recorders.  Another AE publication (Circular 3013) lists a date of the brochure for that unit to 6/62. Perhaps we can cross-reference some other equipment to known dates.

PS: The Circular 3013 lists Catalog 4055-N with a date of 11/62 as a new catalog. It also lists Catalog 10,000 with a date of 1/61.  I always thought that 10,000 came after 4055-N.  But since we have the explicit mention that it is a new catalog, we should date 4055-N to 62-11.

I am also attaching that Circular; it lists all publications available from AE as of 1/63.

unbeldi

AE_Collector

I added the 4055N and Circular 3013K to the list on Page 1. Thanks for posting it Unbeldi.

I should scan at least the Station Equipment section of the 8000 from 1954 as I have an original copy.

Terry

AE_Collector

After Unbeldi attached a copy of the 3013K Current Publications Circular from 1962 I have found the "Digest of Technical Publications" Engineering Memorandum 3013 January 1948 Edition in my book cabinet. I will scan it and add it here eventually. I have to keep reminding myself that it is a list of publications available, not the index to what is contained inside the covers.

They seem to really be trying to get their library organised at this point in time. In the foreword they mention having found and listed bulletins from the company's early years. There is also a reference to regrettably having to change the markings on two bulletins listed in the last update (1942) to Out of Print. This seems to indicate that a file copy existed but has gone missing since the last time they did an inventory. It goes on to give instructions to people in charge of publications to try to avoid this happening again and asks that if anyone has a copy of a publication listed as Out of Print to contact the library so that they may "PhotoStat" it.

When I looked up Monophone I was directed to 4 publications: 4013F, 4033B, 4055D & 4075B. We know of 4033 and have an electronic copy available though I don't think it is the B revision. 4055D is well known and we have a digital copy available. 4013B, 4033B and 4075B are new catalog numbers to me.

4013F - "PAX Telephones"
4033B - "Private Telephone Systems and Accessories"
4075B - "Telephone Apparatus & Supplies"

I was able to get the titles of these 3 "missing" catalogs from this 3013 Catalog as well:

4014 - "Dial Telephones and Telephone Parts"
4037 - "Substation Equipment"
5002 - "Manual Telephones & Telephone Parts"

This has all been added to the Catalogs List on Page 1 of this topic.

AND, I found a listing for the next catalog I want to find:
"Telephone Instruments 1892 to 1922" Published in September 1922.

Terry

unbeldi

The TCI library somewhere has this:

Catalog 4078-A "Autelco-Gray Paystations", May 1949, 16 pages

Jeff Lamb (I think) has scanned these:
Catalog PT-57, "Protectors and Terminals", September 1957, 36 pages (Canada)
Catalog WC-58, "Communication Wire and Cable", October 1958 (Canada)

stub

Terry,
          Don't forget this one  -     stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

Quote from: unbeldi on March 12, 2017, 11:58:55 AM
Does anyone have a scanned copy of Catalog 10,000 ?

I have a printed copy of the 8000 from October 1954. It doesn't have any subscribers equipment in it though it has a little bit on Pay Stations and telephone cords. Other than that it is cable, jumper wire and all sorts of outside plant supplies. I can photograph or scan any sections of it that you are interested in.

Terry

AE_Collector

Quote from: stub on March 14, 2017, 07:36:19 PM
Terry,
          Don't forget this one  -     stub

Okay, added it. That is the one that went for $100+ on eBay, correct?

Terry

paul-f

New in the TCI Library! -- AE Catalogs Category

Check out the new category for AE Catalogs.

https://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/browse/document-repository/catalogs-manuals/automatic-electric/ae-catalogs

There are a bunch of new additions, and names have been edited to make them easier to find.

The 11,000 catalog was supplied in loose-leaf format, with individually updated sections, so it is now in its own category. Sections are individually filed so we can collect all the revisions.  Please help find more issues!

Still looking for a copy of 4055-B.

Happy weekend reading!

Paul Fassbender
TCI Library Administrator
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

AE_Collector

Thanks Paul.

Yes that 4055-B is elusive isn't it!

The only reference to a copy existing is noted in my list of AE catalogs at the beginning of this topic. It is at the Henry Ford Benson Research Center in Dearborn Michigan. I used their web page "ask the librarian" link a few years ago to enquire about it but contrary to their statement that "someone will get back to you", no one did.

Terry