News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Found - WANTED *** ISO White hardwired G handset

Started by Devansphones, February 05, 2021, 11:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devansphones

Hey all, I'm in need of a plain old hardwired white G handset. If anybody has one lying around, let me know!
~Devan

markosjal

Quote from: Devansphones on February 05, 2021, 11:42:55 PM
Hey all, I'm in need of a plain old hardwired white G handset. If anybody has one lying around, let me know!

I just was looking for the same but ended up using a modular with no modular connector on Mic Cup. I saw Ma Bell do the same back in the day, so it is not that unusual. Cord fits nicely in the modular cutout
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

Key2871

Yes G15A's can be used in place with the proper cup for the transmitter. The notches are hardly noticeable after the cord from it conforms to the new space.
KEN

Devansphones

It's for a 500, I have a G15A on there now but I'm way OCD, so the notch bothers me 🤣 That's why I'm looking around.

~Devan

Key2871

Yea, I understand. I'm that way too.
If I'm watching a tv show suposidly from the 60s and see a G15A on a 500 set I know someone wasn't paying attention in props.
KEN

Devansphones

I'm constantly pointing things out to my fiancé.
"Touch tone didn't exist then."
"That 554 wouldn't have been modular."
"That 302 is ringing like a 500."
~Devan

kleenax

Quote from: Key2871 on February 06, 2021, 10:26:38 AM
Yes G15A's can be used in place with the proper cup for the transmitter. The notches are hardly noticeable after the cord from it conforms to the new space.
You can drill out the modular notching to better match your hard-wire handset cord. Just use another hard-wire handset to determine the size of drill bit to use.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Pourme

~

I have the same situation with a pink G3. I thought about using one of those cone shaped drill bits to better navigate the hard 90 degree corners in the modular hole and control the finished size of the hole.

Anyone ever tried that?
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Key2871

I have not, but that's a very good way of doing it, much cleaner hole that way and less chance of the bit catching and tearing out plastic.
KEN