"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Barn Fresh Telephones

Started by TelePlay, December 20, 2015, 04:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unbeldi

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 07, 2016, 09:53:13 PM
It is the soft plastic sets that mold. Once AE went to hard plastic they continued to use soft plastic for the dial number ring and some sets will be okay in storage except the number ring is white with mold!

Terry

Like this dear friend...

barn-fresh?
More like sewer-fresh   

careful, you might catch something.

Fabius

Quote from: Doug Rose on April 07, 2016, 06:05:46 PM
Are they for sale?.....Doug

They were a few days ago. The owners name is on a white piece of paper on the box. His first name is David, can't make out the last name but I didn't try too hard.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Quote from: Fabius on April 07, 2016, 11:56:54 PM
Quote from: Doug Rose on April 07, 2016, 06:05:46 PM
Are they for sale?.....Doug

They were a few days ago. The owners name is on a white piece of paper on the box. His first name is David, can't make out the last name but I didn't try too hard.

Very easy to put name together. It is on inside of the box at the top of the picture beside the logo and on the outside of the box at the bottom.   

TelePlay

Missed this image initially but seeing it tonight, felt is was a good addition to this topic.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=17953.0

Babybearjs wrote this about it the key phone:  " this is one of the phones that got scrapped. I won it on Ebay cheap hoping it was usable.... but as the photo shows, it was a mess... the water had done so much damage that not even the keyset was salvageable. what a shame.... if I remember correctly.... I did save the ringer, capacitor and some other parts.... "

Doug Rose

Quote from: TelePlay on May 16, 2017, 01:18:05 AM
Missed this image initially but seeing it tonight, felt is was a good addition to this topic.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=17953.0

Babybearjs wrote this about it the key phone:  " this is one of the phones that got scrapped. I won it on Ebay cheap hoping it was usable.... but as the photo shows, it was a mess... the water had done so much damage that not even the keyset was salvageable. what a shame.... if I remember correctly.... I did save the ringer, capacitor and some other parts.... "

from the chicken coop?
Kidphone

FABphones

W.E. Apartment Phone.
Complete with Wasp Nest.

Restoration thread here:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=23038
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

phonium

A bunch of Western Electric 302s I got a few months ago. Most are metal, got them for $25. They were in the mud when I got them!
George Amores
ATCA#4857

Witty

Amazing find...less than $2 apiece. And looks like small plungers on a few of them.
Good job!

Ken
Ken

phonium

Several were 1939, a few 1938, only one very late 1937
George Amores
ATCA#4857

Witty

Am curious if any had the vents under the cradle, and if so, if there were 6 or 7 vents. The 7 vents are more scarce.
Ken

phonium

George Amores
ATCA#4857