Main Menu

D1 202 with 634BA-3 Subset Troubleshooting

Started by GLadstone, May 18, 2018, 03:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

Gary

GLadstone

poplar1

If you plan to use this phone as a "daily driver", you may want to replace the 395B "bullet" transmitter with a 625A transmitter. The 625A has an F1 transmitter unit inside. You can reuse the same snuff catcher (mouthpiece).
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

GLadstone

Hi poplar1,

Quote from: poplar1 on July 26, 2018, 10:55:33 AM
If you plan to use this phone as a "daily driver", you may want to replace the 395B "bullet" transmitter with a 625A transmitter. The 625A has an F1 transmitter unit inside. You can reuse the same snuff catcher (mouthpiece).

Thank you for taking the time to follow-up about the bullet transmitter!

We do plan on using this phone more regularly in the future, so I ended up ordering a F1 handset for this phone.

---

The choice to go with a F1 handset over a "newer" E1 handset (that already has the 625A transmitter components) or 625A transmitter components (cup, element, and screen) was purely an economic one-- the F1 handsets were the most affordable option at the time I ordered.

I will continue to be on the look out for deals on "newer" E1 handsets, as it seems it will be most cost effective option to keep the original look of this phone. (If anyone reading this has any leads to share please feel free to send me a PM.)

In the meantime, we are happy to have a working phone (with a comfortable handset) for our wifi calls.

----------

Further information, in case it helps others who may read this in the future:

Since the condition of the bullet transmitter was a concern throughout the troubleshooting process of this phone, and I was unable to separate the bullet transmitter from the spit cup, I was curious to test the original phone components with the new replacement cords and wanted to report the findings (as seen in reply #44 on page 3).

Currently, the bullet transmitter seems to be working as expected, but, from reading through the CRPF archives, a working bullet transmitter seems to be somewhat of an oddity...

---