News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My 2nd Payphone.

Started by Greg G., June 06, 2014, 04:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xhausted110

The face plates should be interchangeable. In response to your question dated March 29th of last year, incoming call restriction is done at the Central Office, the phone wouldn't be wired any differently.
- Evan

Greg G.

Sold it about 6 weeks ago through ebay.  Asking price was $200 OBO, I took an offer of $180 from a local buyer.  After ebay's share and the original purchase price, I netted about $155.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Payphone installer

The set is a 1D, it required a coin line from Co that had dial tone on it. A loop start line. When the coins were deposited on the off hook the CO (central office) saw a ground on the tip side or green wire. At that point the CO realized coin presence and allowed the call to proceed if it was answered after the hang up votage was sent to the relay to collect. If it was a ring no answer voltage was sent to return. Allen screws were to retain the instruction cards in the phone. There was a tool which I can not recall but will try and find to adjust the Allen. Top card holder was a 11B they were produced by AT&T in the 90's and were used for advertisement purposes,not intro cards. The one posted here on the forum came from eBay and was purchased from me. I bought out the remainder of the card holders about 10 years ago from Cincinnati Bell. I still have them new old stock in cases.