News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lucent Technologies

Started by Dan/Panther, January 12, 2013, 03:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

If I understand correctly Lucent is the successor to Bell labs, Has anything important came from Lucent ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

wds

The lucent plant near me was turned into a mall.  Not sure if that's good or not.
Dave

G-Man

cihensley@aol.com

According to some statement I recall, the Labs under Alcatel-Lucent is focused on market related research, no more original research as in the past.

Chuck

old_stuff_hound

Quote from: cihensley@aol.com on January 12, 2013, 10:43:10 PM
According to some statement I recall, the Labs under Alcatel-Lucent is focused on market related research, no more original research as in the past.

Chuck

ALU is on the ropes financially -- it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't want to spend money on original research.....
(Disclaimer: I own ALU stock)

Russ Kirk

Quote from: old_stuff_hound on January 13, 2013, 07:44:54 AM
Quote from: cihensley@aol.com on January 12, 2013, 10:43:10 PM

Chuck

ALU is on the ropes financially -- it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't want to spend money on original research.....
(Disclaimer: I own ALU stock)

Yes, ALU is hurting for money.  I work with them on a daily basis.  They are regularly laying off people and cutting back on spending in many areas.  Their sales figure have been dropping with no change in sight.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dan/Panther

What a shame we lost bell labs. The world would be a MUCH different place had they never existed.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson