and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Norwegan banks with no money

Started by dsk, October 20, 2009, 06:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

This makes me tell about why this could not happend here:
Quote from: LarryInMichigan on October 19, 2009, 05:52:44 PM
I saw this phone on craigslist this morning, and I couldn't resist it.  I e-mailed the seller, and I met her later in a nearby shopping center parking lot (she was driving a Mercedes SUV).  She told me that her husband bought the phone a few years ago at an antiques shop, and their new house doesn't have wall space for it.  She was asking $125, but I only had $105 with me, so she accepted that.

I tested out the transmitter and receiver on a SC500 phone, and I found that the transmitter is surprisingly sensitive, though it sounds like a candlestick type transmitter.  The transmitter is stamped "Type 6L" and "A.E. Inc. U.S.A".  The volume from the receiver is quite low for some reason.  The ringer works well when the magneto is cranked.  The cloth receiver cord appears to be a recent reproduction.  As you can see in the picture, the shelf is missing.

I am hoping to stick a spare network into the box and use the phone in my kitchen.  If anyone has any suggestions as to how to make the receiver work better, how to connect the ringer, and/or how old this phone is, I would greatly appreciate them.

Thank you

Larry

I know you have had a bank crisis, her it is not hat bad, but...

Our local bank has stopped handling cash. We may use the cash-terminal, or make a withdrawal in the all shops with a terminal (no fee). And if you should have cash to make a deposit, the bank says no, go to the shop.

The world is really changing?  :o

At least we have had no bank robberies for a while :D 

dsk

McHeath

I never carry cash anymore, I just spend it freely. :)  When it's a debit card I slow down a bit, pausing to think about A: do I have the money in there, and B: will the missus kill me for buying this?