News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Just a reminder to all collectors

Started by BDM, February 14, 2009, 08:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDM

This is meant as a reminder and suggestion. I would recommend new & old collectors alike, join one or both of the antique telephone clubs. Both have a wealth of info, and plenty of VERY knowledgeable collectors. Plus, joining helps the clubs trudge on during these economically trying times. Fee's are minimal to join, advantages are great. Plus, club members trade or sell parts amongst themselves generally at a more reasonable price level. Something many should consider.

TCI = http://tinyurl.com/l4lq3

ATCA = http://tinyurl.com/k6ebg
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

bingster

I agree completely.  I belong to TCI, and the amazing monthly newsletter by itself, is more than worth the membership fee.
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

I will put my 2cents worth in as well.  I have made similar suggestions on this forum in the past.  There are many benefits to being a member of either or both of the phone clubs.  In addition to all the knowledge that is shared, member often offer phones and parts for sale at a much more reasonable price than those typically found on eBay.  Also I know I enjoy a discount when shopping at Phoneco because of my membership into the ATCA and probably is extended to TCI members as well.  In the time since I joined both of these clubs I have learned very much about telephones and that has just been the tip of the iceberg.  Most of those long-time members have forgotten more than I will ever know

Attending one of the phone shows is also a real treat and an opportunity to find some obscure parts or complete phones and to meet other members face-to-face.  I have only attended the TCI show in Mason, MI but hope to make one of the larger regional shows in the future.

There are real benefits for those serious about telephone collecting by joining one or both clubs.

Dan/Panther

I have my application filled out and ready to mail Monday morning.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Sargeguy

I signed up to the ATCA via the internet.  It took 2 minutes.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409