News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

10 Button Northern "Princess"

Started by HarrySmith, January 15, 2014, 05:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Just bought this off eBay, got it cheap! This is not for my collection, expect to see it for sale here in the near future. I expect it to clean up nicely with a little peroxide treatment. It is missing one plastic window covering for the number card slot, anyone got a spare?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161193650332
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

paul-f

Nice set!  I've always liked the design.

Quote from: HarrySmith on January 15, 2014, 05:46:56 PM

It is missing one plastic window covering for the number card slot, anyone got a spare?

Good luck!   ;)

That's the clear weak link for this model.  The plastic was brittle and the small size caused many to shatter when flexed for insertion or removal.

It would be a good repro part for someone to have made in quantity.  I'd be a buyer, too.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

AE40FAN

I was watching this auction.  Glad you won it for such a great price!  I agree, it should do well with the peroxide treatment.

poplar1

A while back I asked Ray (kleenax) about making these number card windows. Also 10-button faceplates for 1500Ds.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

WesternElectricBen

Very nice,

I saw this too, but I was confused, I thought it was a later model or something, but just with the old keypad.

Though, it is too bad I didn't know about it being real, but I'm glad it went to a good home.

Ben