News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Place

Started by Tonyrotary, June 26, 2009, 12:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyrotary

Haven't been on here much as for awhile was pulling 12 ht shifts. But back to 8 for now. Anyways the wife and are are in the process of buying a 2 bedroom condo. Should be closed on it about two weeks after I get home. What does this have to do with phones? Glad you asked.

I will be able to display and use all the phones I bought! Already the wife approved for me to hang the white 554 in the kitchen. Her 500 and my 302 will be in the office/hobby room. Her princess in the bedroom. We will have a large lanai(balcony). Will be making a wooden box and mounting the wall Starlite phone in it. The other phones not in use, I will display on a shelf in the offics/hobby room.

Will have a modern cordless/answering machine in the living room. Can't wait to get home!

HobieSport

12 hour shifts?  Gosh!  Congrats on the Condo.  Is it in San Diego?  My step-son and wife are buying a home in the San Diego area before their new baby arrives.  Good time to buy a home.
-Matt

Tonyrotary

Yeah those 12 hr shifts were a bit rough. Had to do it though as in the TOC we run 24 hr days 7 days a week. We normally have 3 NCO's but one sergeant went on R&R so the other sergeant and I had to pull 12 hr shifts for about 2 weeks. Glad that's done!

The condo is back home in Hawaii. I agree the time is right. interest rates are low and we also got a good price. Not to mention the $8000 tax credit will be nice.

HobieSport

Tony I guess I got confused.  I thought your home was in San Diego and you were stationed in Hawaii.  So is it the other way around?  Did you grow up in Hawaii?  I've spent some time on Maui but returned to the Nor Cal Coast because, well, it's home.  I miss the warm ocean of the Islands though.  These wetsuits and 50 degree water are a PITA. ;)
-Matt

Tonyrotary

Originally I grew up in Chicago. Joined the Army and my last duty station was Hawaii. Got out and stayed in Hawaii. When I left the Army went straight into the National Guard. So I actually live in Hawaii. We got activated for active duty for middle east duty(again). Lived in Hawaii for over 13 years including the time I was stationed at Schofield Barracks. I do miss Chicago sometimes but cannot complain about nice weather year round. ;D