News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 500: Hose that phone down!

Started by BDM, June 13, 2014, 04:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDM

Notice the last pic with the bottom. Look closely, see the suds coming out the bell holes and even the back side of the case. Well, it's clean.

http://tinyurl.com/lblfpqr

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

WesternElectricBen

I'm not seeing the studs, but I have seen paint splatters that looked like that, (the water.)

Ben

Matilo Telephones

Yes, there is some foam behind the bell holes on the right side.

Well, he did bother to take the phone out of the bucket. You´ve got to give him that.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

BDM

Enlarge the photo in the auction, then you can clearly see soap suds coming through the bell holes and upper sides of the plastic housing. The more I look at it, the more I wonder.........."did this seller actually hose this phone down for a cleaning??"...............

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on June 13, 2014, 09:20:27 AM
I'm not seeing the studs, but I have seen paint splatters that looked like that, (the water.)

Ben
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

WesternElectricBen

Oh wow, your right.

And I had it on my watch list, as it was not discolored, I guess I'l take it off. I rather not deal with a soggy, wrecked, rusted phone. I already have enough rust to deal with on my tablesaw. :)

Ben

BDM

Ben ask the seller to show you a pic of the phone with the cover off. Also mention it to him. Say hey, why is the phone soaked in soap bubbles? Honestly if it was something I really wanted, the water/soap scares me little. I could get that cleaned and dried out ;)
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

WesternElectricBen

Good idea, I might do that! But, I'm busy sanding my tablesaw that sat in my aunts humid shop for 3 years.

Ben

Doug Rose

My guess is the seller placed the phone on a counter by the sink and got some soapy water on the bottom of the phone.  I have done that taking pictures....Doug
Kidphone

BDM

The thought crossed my mine, maybe
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

TelePlay

Quote from: BDM on June 13, 2014, 11:36:48 AM
Enlarge the photo in the auction, then you can clearly see soap suds coming through the bell holes and upper sides of the plastic housing. The more I look at it, the more I wonder.........."did this seller actually hose this phone down for a cleaning??"...............

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on June 13, 2014, 09:20:27 AM

Ben

Ben, click on the photo in the first post of this topic or the photo below and it will enlarge, and you will see them/it . . .

WesternElectricBen

Thanks Teleplay, more clear now.

I might purchase this phone for white (undiscolored) plastics.

Ben

BDM

Why not? Honestly if it was washed down or as Doug stated simply laid on top of the suds, it wouldn't stop or bother me if it was a needed model/version. I just thought it was funny that the seller didn't see the need to at least dry the phone off ???
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

baldopeacock

The seller's name is oakparksiwash.

Just doin' his job.