News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring a WE dial into a SC 1212 Fatboy (Need clarification. please)

Started by RotoTech99, November 26, 2015, 07:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Dear CRPF:

I have noted that the SC catalog sheets say that WE dials could be ordered to go into a SC 1212 Fatboy phone... My question is: If you are going to use a WE #5 or #6 dial, Is it wired like the North Elec.  dial depicted on the diagram, or is it wired differently from what the diagram shows for the North Elec. dial?

Please if someone knows or can clarify on this, I would appreciate it.

As it is mentioned that the Fatboy can be ordered with a WE dial, I thought it would be interesting to find out if there was a diagram for wiring WE dials into the 1212 sets,,, I know that SC 1243's can be wired with a WE dial from seeing documents & having done that, in addition to having had a couple 1243's with the WE dial.

Any comments & feedback, and documentation in regard to my inquiry is welcomed.

Thanks
RotoTech99

unbeldi

Which diagram do you have?

But irrespective of that, terminals are designated and arranged differently on a No. 5 or No. 6 WECo dial, so the answer from that aspect is no.  However, the dials have basically the same functions as any dial.
You need to identify the two pulsing contacts and replace them in an equivalent manner.

The off-normal (ON) contacts are more "different", because their functions vary.  AE's standard dial shunts the three off-normal contacts, while the WECo dials are break & make types, one set opens, and one closes.  However, AE also made a compatible dial for WECo instruments.  The North dial is similar to the WECo dial too.

I think on the 1212 you only need to use one ON make contact, bridged to one of the pulsing contacts.

Identify the function of the contacts you have and then it should be pretty obvious how to connect them. The pulsing contacts are the easiest to recognize, because of the way they are operated.  The rest are ON contacts.

RotoTech99

RotoTech99

Thanks, Unbeldi. I will keep that in mind.

I'm in the process of making resized diagrams from the original page so I can read them easier.. I'm not changing anything but the size for readability's sake.

I also noted in earlier replies I misspelled your CRPF handle... Sorry about that.