News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need Advice - 3 Kellogg Phones

Started by canuckphoneguy, April 25, 2012, 05:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canuckphoneguy

I need everyone's advice - I have the opportunity to purchase 3 Kellogg phones for $185. I know NOTHING about these types of phones, other than that they're rare (I think.)

Is it hard to get these to work? Notice that the wires are not modular - is it hard to convert?

Are these phones in the picture rare?

Do you think I should go for it? It's a lot of money at once, but if it's a good find and these are decent phones, I may go for it.

Any advice / input would be appreciated.  ;D

The phones are below.

wds

I was watching those phones on Ebay a while back - starting bid of $95 but no one bid.  I didn't bid since I already have 2 of those phones - probably should have bought them anyway.  Wonder why the price jump from $95 to $185?

http://tinyurl.com/6luz4pu
Dave

LarryInMichigan

The two phones on the left are quite difficult to find in non-chipped condition.  At least one of these is chipped.  I think that $185 is a bit high.  These phones are not terribly rare and can be found for cheaper with a bit of patience.  I have a few Kellogg 900 shells (w/o networks), in slightly broken condition.  I might be interesting in selling one.

Larry

canuckphoneguy

Quote from: wds on April 25, 2012, 06:44:35 PM
I was watching those phones on Ebay a while back - starting bid of $95 but no one bid.  I didn't bid since I already have 2 of those phones - probably should have bought them anyway.  Wonder why the price jump from $95 to $185?

http://tinyurl.com/6luz4pu

I'm not sure why $185. I noticed that he was hoping someone to Buy it Now for $399. I guess maybe he's hoping to make a bit of a profit.  Still not sure...

AE_Collector

Seller is known phone club member or at least phone seller. Everyone hopes to get more than the opening bid but it didn't happen. As mentioned, these aren't that hard to find but if you want all three a package deal is a good way to get them. More negotiations needed though.

Terry

LarryInMichigan

Note that the 900 and 925 may or may not have ringers and networks in them.  They were made both ways.  Whether or not they do have the internal parts should heavily affect the values.

Larry

wds

If you look closely at the pictures, the two ashtray phones have four conductors on the line cords.  I'm guessing that means neither one have networks in them.  I can't see the end of the cord on the 900 phone.
Dave

canuckphoneguy

Thanks everyone for your advice. You guys saved me some money (for now) :) . I think I'll wait and see if I can find them for a cheaper price.