News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Yay!!! Panasonic KX-T616 system for me!!

Started by twocvbloke, June 17, 2012, 04:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Quote from: gpo706 on June 29, 2012, 09:34:15 PMMy tip - a hole, which will then become huge as half the wall comes of, position it with spirit level, chew 2 packs of chewing gum, let them un-moisten for a about 10m then push into the holes, wait half an hour to dry out and then screw it in.

Works wonders, mines been up for years on the old Wrigley's Spearmint Gum.
I used plastic rawplugs, probably not the right sized ones, but they're holding... :D

Plus I can't have chewing gum, the stuff they put in it has undesirable digestive effects with me, so, I have to avoid it unfortunately... :(

twocvbloke

Seems out of the 4 music-playing devices I commonly use (mobile phone, tablet PC, Laptop and MP3-CD player), my laptop puts out the best volume, which is no good cos I kinda sorta need that to do internetty stuff... :D

I did think about seeing if I could connect my satellite box up and seeing how Radio Caroline sounds through the system, but it's a case of it's on the wrong side of the room, and I haven't a clue where my Scart-3.5mm socket adaptor is at... ???

Anyway, I tried a few sources on my laptop, music stored on my laptop, BBC iplayer (Radio stations), and youtube, and they all worked great, especially this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=681i4sqzs8M

And a pic just cos I could... ;D
(my laptop's sat atop the 500 on my redneck phone shelf consisting of a cardboard box folded into a table-like setup)

Owain

Quote from: twocvbloke on June 30, 2012, 02:57:06 AM
I did think about seeing if I could connect my satellite box up and seeing how Radio Caroline sounds through the system,

but if you're watching Sky Adult Movies and granny phones and you put her on hold ...  :o

A small MP3 player dedicated to music on hold may be justified. You could put Ethel Cain's advice on diction on it!
http://www.samhallas.co.uk/repository/recordings.htm

twocvbloke

Quote from: Owain on June 30, 2012, 06:48:04 AMbut if you're watching Sky Adult Movies and granny phones and you put her on hold ...  :o

Nah, I don't have sky, I have a proper satellite receiver which can't decrypt sky channels... :D

Actually, the MP3 idea, that's one thing I haven't tried, cos I haven't got one (like I say, I use my mobile, tablet, laptop and occasionally a MP3-CD player), but the mother has one which I gave her a few years ago which she recently replaced, might just have to try and purloin that somehow... :D

But that said, if three somewhat dedicated music players can't put out enough volume, then, I'm not too sure about whether an MP3 player could... ???

gpo706

You need a pre-amp between player and PBX.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

twocvbloke

Yeah, I had a pre-amp somewhere, I used that on the Nortel system when I was playing about with that, but I can't find it now, or recall what box it went into before moving... ???

JubileeCompact

Just got one from Ebay - I paid rather more for it but it comes with the connection box, door Intercom and sockets apparently, along with a system phone and manuals. Look forward to having a play :)

Seamus

http://tinyurl.com/bty3fpd

Also grabbed 5 of these

http://tinyurl.com/d8uyqzy
Seamus

twocvbloke

Nice find then, I'm still working mine out, and I definitely need a systemphone to reprogramme it as it dials out in Pulse only, and for whatever reason, the landline is saying No to it, so need to switch it's output to DTMF, I just haven't the money at the moment to get one just yet... :-\

I have found a Music-On-Hold player though, my Compaq LTE5300 laptop (old Pentium 133 laptop), can't do much else with it as I can't reinstall the OS, so, I tried it out playing music, and it works perfectly, so for those annoying calls that come through on the landline, I can subject them to a couple of minutes of Spazzmatica Polka... ;D

Phonesrfun

I am thinking that the default program is for DTMF.  You might try a reset on the box.  You don't need the programming phone to do that.

-Bill G

gpo706

Phonesarefun is right, try a reset and it should defaullt to DTMF, but as said before you really need a programming set to use all the features, or a"proprietary phone" as they are called.

And I must get a sound input into mine to &&&& off cold callers and putting them on hold with some crap muzac!
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

twocvbloke

I reset the system when I got it, and it seems to have defaulted to Pulse dial on all CO ports, just means I can't really dial out, but I hardly make calls anyway, so, no real urgency to get it sending out DTMF just yet... :)

As for annoying music, try Spazzmatica Polka (see link), I actually like it (and it's my mobile phone's main ringtone!!), but a lot of people hate it... :D

http://tinyurl.com/7msfqdz

DavePEI

Quote from: twocvbloke on July 15, 2012, 11:02:45 PM
As for annoying music, try Spazzmatica Polka (see link), I actually like it (and it's my mobile phone's main ringtone!!), but a lot of people hate it... :D
http://tinyurl.com/7msfqdz
Egads - that'd be enough to make me hang up in seconds! :'(

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

Quote from: DavePEI on July 16, 2012, 05:14:53 AMEgads - that'd be enough to make me hang up in seconds! :'(

Dave

Hopefully that'll work in the same manner on unwanted callers... ;D

The great thing about Winamp and it's playlists is I can run that (and Pixel Peeker Polka, from the same site) for one set of calls, and I can have another playlist of music that list much more pleasant and relaxing or just plain amusing...  :D

twocvbloke

Well I don't know how to get that thing to dial DTMF tones, I've hit the reset button several times now in different ways (Switch to Set, Switch to Program, Hold button for 5 seconds, press button quickly, a combination of those 4), and it still defaults to Pulse dial... ???

I'm guessing the firmware for the UK models is different to the firmware for US models, the instructions I downloaded don't always work as the codes seem to just play the Reorder tone, presumably because of the different numbering scheme (21-36 instead of 11-26), it'd be handy if there was a downloadable copy of the UK version instructions, but it seems there isn't, and not even Panasonic themselves have them... ::)

Phonesrfun

Well, I don't know what is the same or different between the UK and the US versions.  I have heard that the extensions are numbered differently, but for what reason, I don't know.  For that matter, I don't know why you have steering wheels on the right side of the car and we have them on the left, but that's probably a can of worms we don't want to open here.

You might try taking the battery that saves the system settings out completely, and let it sit for a few minutes with the power un-plugged completely,  Then plug it in, turn it on, hit the reset in the process and see if that clears it up.

That's all I know how to suggest.

-Bill G