News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Tesla Phone

Started by LarryInMichigan, May 06, 2014, 11:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

I took a look at the receiver in a Bulgarian phone, and it has the same lettering, so I am going to guess that the transmitter and receiver in this phone are Bulgarian.  The handsets on the two phones are quite similar.

Larry

Matilo Telephones

In Burlgaria they used to use the same writing as Russian. They still do I think. So just from the lettering it is not possible to conclude where they came from.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

LarryInMichigan

It has been quite a while, but I just got this: ebay link for fairly cheap, and plan to transplant the braided cord into the Tesla phone.  This handset was made in 1962 by T&N.  The cord is about 3 1/2' long, so it should be usable.  I can only guess what someone did with it or why it was in Nevada.  The bakelite is in good condition, and there were good transmitter and receiver elements in the handset.

Larry

LarryInMichigan

I have been using this phone on my desk the past few days with the German braided handset cord and the transmitter.

Larry

ma_xyz

I was looking to identify a phone and found this posts. It is mostly the same model but with button. I got it from somebody who said he got it on a flea market in Buenos Aires. Somehow it made its way from Prague to Argentina and finally landed in Switzerland. It was in very bad shape, dirty and rusty.

It has a diagram glued to the inside of the bottom cover.

The dial seems to be from 1950.

The handset cord was broken but the receiver and transmitter worked. I replaced the cord innards and reused the outer cloth. Also the capacitor seems to be broken, I soldered another one in parallel. Now its cleaned, it rings and dialing works, audio is fine.

To do: Find letter disc for dial, find braided handset cord.

HarrySmith

Cleaned up nice! Great find, a South American phone in Switzerland!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"