News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - January 2017

Started by AE_Collector, January 01, 2017, 02:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - January 2017   *** VOTE FOR TWO ***

Fabius' Northern Electric N43AB extension bell box $12.91 and shipping from Canada $20.28
6 (20.7%)
Jrs1958 8-53 Western Electric Model 501.  All numbers matching $20 from antique mall
6 (20.7%)
TelePlay's AE dial with chrome FW c/w a 1939 H1 metal housing WE 302. $38 & $12 Shipping
6 (20.7%)
Sargeguy's Charles Williams top box marked "N.E. TEL. & TEL. CO. 1890" for $181 on eBay
11 (37.9%)
Al_as_needed's blue WE 500, picked up from goodwill for 20$. All parts date matching 4-62
8 (27.6%)
Autonut's 1955 Northern Electric 302 picked up from a Kijiji seller for $15.00
6 (20.7%)
compubit's dates matching 1955 Mahogany Brown 500 set for $183 + $17 shipping on eBay
9 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 29

AE_Collector

I don't recall such a close tie in the voting results for so many Finds in one month.

Lets hope for some more votes to help figure out who will win this month. A run off vote between all seven contestants isn't going to help!!

Terry

Jim Stettler

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 04, 2017, 12:00:37 AM
I don't recall such a close tie in the voting results for so many Finds in one month.

Lets hope for some more votes to help figure out who will win this month. A run off vote between all seven contestants isn't going to help!!

Terry
Maybe a run-off vote for  up to 3, Limited to people who voted? is that doable?
Just a thought,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AE_Collector

It may just have to be a win by a slim margin as long as someone is in the lead like at the moment. Otherwise we can reduce the numbers hopefully to 3 or 4 for a run off. There is no way to limit a re-vote to the group who already has voted. I think we will be okay....fingers crossed.

Terry

AL_as_needed

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 04, 2017, 08:37:43 AM
There is no way to limit a re-vote to the group who already has voted. I think we will be okay....fingers crossed.

Terry

As AL Capone once said, "vote early and vote often"
TWinbrook7

AE_Collector

There we have it, January 2017's Find of the Month is a Wrap! What an interesting contest this month, it could have gone any way but fortunately a clear winner emerged.

Something about the extreme early age of the wooden phone project that Sargeguy grabbed on eBay appeals to everyone a little more than many more run of the mill old wooden phones. A phone made so many years ago and so close to the actual invention of the telephone has its appeal.

Congratulations Sargeguy, I bet you are surprised at the win too. More than almost any other Find of the Month contest, all six of the other contestants came in Second Place this time. Thanks to all the contestants and thanks to everyone who took the time to vote.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners, click here:  --> Winner's List <--

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on forum. Thanks John.  To check them out, click here:  --> Photo Album <--

Terry

Sargeguy

Another New England victory!!! Thanks! 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

AE_Collector

Quote from: Sargeguy on February 05, 2017, 11:54:55 PM
Another New England victory!!! Thanks! 

Two victories in the same day, now that is a record!

Terry