News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What is the Largest Amount Of Telephones You Found at One Location

Started by Doug Rose, September 14, 2010, 08:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

The largest stash I bought at one time came from eBay.  I bought a box of six or seven W.E. 554's.  Unknowingly included in the lot was a Mahogany 554.  I didn't realize until almost a year later that I had picked up one of the most difficult to find soft plastic sets.  I think I paid about $20 plus shipping for the lot.

Craig T

Quote from: JorgeAmely on September 16, 2010, 03:03:27 PM
This is the largest stash of phones I have ever purchased. All arrived in a 2' by 2' by 2' box and took about a month to arrive from New York to California. All were wrapped "burrito" style.

As you can see from the picture, the phone I really wanted brought along a bunch of brothers and sisters. The wait was worth it.

Jorge, since you got the Beige touch tone you were after, send me that Gray one on the bottom right  ;D

JorgeAmely

Dennis:

Wrong. I really wanted the wall mounted black phone.

Gray? What gray? It looked green to me and sold it for $2 at a garage sale we had a couple of months ago. Plus it stank like rotten cheese; you wouldn't have wanted it at home.

Jorge

Dennis Markham

Jorge, that was CraigT that commented on your beige touch tone............

JorgeAmely

Sorry Dennis. My mind was ready to reply to you since you and I went to the mat for that bunch of phones. Ahh, those were the good old days!
Jorge

Doug Rose

Quote from: Jim S. on September 16, 2010, 12:23:03 PM
The largest amout of phones/ect I ever got was a very large collection for $8,000. The collection was worth $20-30K at the time. It was to large to inventory. It included a Strowger Stick, A short Mckinly wall phone. A long distance telephone candlestick, Conneticut taper shaft, Large Gamewell call box, Montgomery Ward 2 box glass front,  A step switch lamp, many, many more phones and parts.

More recently I bought a stash of about 50 phones. About half were old black sets and the rest were modern plastics including a white 5302.

Jim S.

Kenny, I think I have a 302 blank in the shed, It should turn up over the weekend. I will let you know.
Jim...I remember the recent find that had the white 5302. That was quite a find and certainly outclassed mine....Outstanding....Doug
Kidphone

Kenny C

This sunday I will have a HUGE find if the weather permits it!!!!!!
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Doug Rose

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on January 19, 2011, 04:41:25 PM
This sunday I will have a HUGE find if the weather permits it!!!!!!
Kenny...are you going to give us a hint?...Doug
Kidphone

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Phoniac

I can remember from years ago the stories some of them talked about. One that comes to mind was a friend or acquaintance of mine that worked for Ma Bell. He had came into an old church to do some sort of repair job and after words the minister came to him and asked if he'd take a box of old phones back with him they had in a closet. Well lo and behold! It was a box full of candle sticks (NO, not the kind that hold candles) and ringer boxes.
I still dream of that happening to me...... and then I wake up and tell myself, That aint happen'en.

Kenny C

I'll be back at 3-4 with it all if it all goes as planned(it better)
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Kenny C

The guy who was going to take me had to work but he's off next sunday  :-\
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Doug Rose

Kenny....what ever happened to your phones?? Did you get them??...Doug
Kidphone

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010