News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My first coloured 302!!!

Started by Dan, November 26, 2010, 04:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Don't know a lot about 302's, but I treated myself to an early christmas gift. The price seemed good too. Anything look not authentic about ? This was a buy it now that was just listed. :)

http://tinyurl.com/2ddrsnp
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

HarrySmith

WOW! Very nice! I don't blame you, at that price for a BIN I would have jumped on it too ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Tom B

Tom

Dennis Markham

It looks real nice, Dan.  They mention a crack above the #6 but I think they may be talking about the finger wheel?  Then a mention of another small one near the lift.  It looks very nice.  The "grille screen" is missing but that certainly is no big deal.  Considering that pristine one sold for what, $488 the other day, this one was very reasonable.  I look forward to some more photos when you get it in your possession.

Adam

I saw that, and thought it was an excellent BIN price for that.  I'm glad one of us got it!  Congrats!
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Dan

Quote from: Dennis Markham on November 26, 2010, 04:36:20 PM
It looks real nice, Dan.  They mention a crack above the #6 but I think they may be talking about the finger wheel?  Then a mention of another small one near the lift.  It looks very nice.  The "grille screen" is missing but that certainly is no big deal.  Considering that pristine one sold for what, $488 the other day, this one was very reasonable.  I look forward to some more photos when you get it in your possession.

Thanks and I will certainly show pics when it arrives!!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Doug Rose

Hey Dan...OUTSTANDING!!!!  ....its a beauty! I don't see any fading on this. Great price! Great Ivory find on"Black Friday"....congrats!!!...Doug
Kidphone

Dan

Thanks to all. I was sitting here all depressed, caring for my mom (alzheimer's is ROUGH) and the family is out shopping and having fun.
Who would've thought I would get the best deal?!

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Dan on November 26, 2010, 06:26:00 PM
Thanks to all. I was sitting here all depressed, caring for my mom (alzheimer's is ROUGH) and the family is out shopping and having fun.

Doctor Dan, you deserve it. Happy Turkey day for you. Your Mom in one way or another appreciates it.
Jorge

deedubya3800

Wow, that's pretty. :) It looks to me like a post-war model based on the handset picture. A hundred dollars is a very good price on any genuine ivory 302 in presentable condition, regardless of the year. If I had been online and not watching Disney Channel this afternoon, I would have considered it myself for the chance to have pre-war and post-war ivories side-by-side. Mazel tov!

Kenny C

QuoteMazel tov!

HAHA I said the same thing in a PM  ;D
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

Sargeguy

I would say you saved at least $50 of not $100
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dan

Quote from: deedubya3800 on November 26, 2010, 07:46:34 PM
Wow, that's pretty. :) It looks to me like a post-war model based on the handset picture. A hundred dollars is a very good price on any genuine ivory 302 in presentable condition, regardless of the year. If I had been online and not watching Disney Channel this afternoon, I would have considered it myself for the chance to have pre-war and post-war ivories side-by-side. Mazel tov!

Please educate me. What's the difference between pre and post war models?

Dan

Quote from: JorgeAmely on November 26, 2010, 07:44:07 PM
Quote from: Dan on November 26, 2010, 06:26:00 PM

Doctor Dan, you deserve it. Happy Turkey day for you. Your Mom in one way or another appreciates it.

Very kind words sir. Sometimes she is more with it than other times, and old mom shines through. I am sure she does appreciate her care. I remember her love and care and  all the cold washrags, homemade chicken soup, popsicles and vicks vapo-rub growing up ;)