News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Just joined the 616 Club

Started by SunriseEarth, August 03, 2018, 10:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunriseEarth

After reading this forum, i realized that the Panasonic systems could work well for me.  Previously, all I had was a Viking DLE-200B that I would use to test my phones out.  It also worked very well for a musical theater parody show that I helped out with last month.   However, I wanted a way to be able to dial multiple extensions.   I was considering PBX simulators, but those seemed to be a bit pricey.

I found a KX-T60610 on eBay for $60 with free shipping.   It was sold as "untested/parts only", but it seems to work just fine.   The system tones all seem a little strange, especially coming from the Viking ones which are a bit more realistic.   But it does what I want.    Right now, I'm using 4 of the stations and no external line, as I don't have a landline.   Maybe I'll look into the Xlink or something similar.   
Tony Stokes

TCI Member; ATCA Member #4893

Butch Harlow

I recently got one also. I have a VOIP line with my comcast service and a C*net line on a grandstream ATA running through it. It's very fun. You'll want one Panasonic compatible telephone set to use for programming the 61610, they can be had relatively cheap as well. I plugged in 16 phones all at once and rang them. It's pure hysterical mayhem. Now I just have 4 on it to keep from annoying the neighbors too much. 
Butch Harlow

Owain

I have a KX-TA624 and have wired line 6 to extn 222, and set all extns to ring on line 6.

Now when I dial 222 (the 'in house emergency number') every phone (except ext 222 - this must be set in programming) rings.

User Manual:  http://www.voicesonic.com/panasonic/manuals/KX-TA624_System/KX-TA624-InstallationManuals.pdf