News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auckland, New Zealand PTT? Jade Green Desk Set

Started by TelePlay, December 20, 2017, 08:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

This didn't last long on eBay. Auction was ended early due to an error in the listing.

Yeah, sure, I wonder what the seller sold it for on the side.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jade-green-bakelite-telephone-/232603068091

Nice looking phone. Seems to be colored Bakelite with some minor damage to handset cups and the handset itself. I wonder what this would have sold for had the auction gone the full term. It did have one $45 bid when the auction was ended. The phone was listed just before midnight California time and the auction was ended about 1 hour and 25 minutes later. Took that long to get a side deal done. Maybe $250 for sell it to me now? Worth what, a gazillion bucks?

Sure is a pretty looking phone.

AE_Collector

Looks like someone suggested they relist at a higher starting price and they have:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jade-green-bakelite-telephone/232603128971

Terry

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

AE_Collector

They were probably relisting it and just messed up starting it at 99c.

Did your missing "Green Jade Bakelite Telephone" look like THIS GPO 332 in Jade Green? Think these are 332's aren't they?

I have this one in great condition except for the little tiny chip on the right side of the cover where the tray is on some models (not on this one). I am told that with the green bakelite(?) fingerwheel it is even more rare.

I have no idea what these go for but maybe we will know when the one listed on eBay in NZ sells. Mine may be on the market soon as I need to do some downsizing and it doesn't really fit my collection.

Terry

TelePlay

Did you notice the listings both say local pickup only?

What's a round trip ticket from the States or Canada going for these days?

Well, the seller says "Shipping to: Will arrange for local pickup only (no shipping)." so does that mean he will buy the ticket as part of the arrangement for local pickup?

No shipping is going to put a bite into the sale price. Might have done as well doing a Craig's List New Zealand listing.

LarryInMichigan

That is sure a beautiful phone, but the trip to Auckland to pick it up will break my budget.  If only it were in Wellington instead ;)

If the seller offered shipping, I would expect the phone to go for $1500+.  I expect that someone with an amount like that to spend could hire someone in Auckland to collect the phone and ship it to them.

Note the numbering scheme on the dial.  NZ was one of a few places that numbered their dials differently.

Larry