News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Finally back: Been rebuilding the phone room

Started by Hill Haven Telephone Company, December 02, 2020, 10:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hill Haven Telephone Company

Sorry for going MIA on people,  I had the springtime floods to deal with, and then family issues that needed attended to.     Its been a heck of a summer.

We have been remodeling the house,  so our phone system has been offline. 

Over the last 2-3 days, ive started to reassemble it in a dedicated closet in the living room.  And its not going to look like spaghetti like the last time I had it operational.  I have a new asterisk machine now,  a Pentium Dual Core Lenovo ThinkCentre with a Sangoma A102 Dual Port T1 Card in it,   Ive also got another Quad Port Digium T1 Card, Got lucky on eBay and got it really cheap.    Or into a second asterisk machine, so i have one to play with and not screw up the primary one.    Got lucky on eBay and got it really cheap.   Paid a whopping 10 dollars each for the ThinkCentres.   They had 4GB RAM in them 500GB HDDs each.  an i3 one and a Pentium Dual Core one.    You may notice the NPSTN CLLI on the front of the asterisk box,   Needless to say the issues with NPSTN have been resolved,  and there is zero drama whatsoever.    I will be getting my system back on C*NET shortly too,  its a matter of just updating the configurations and stuff.   The only thing ive kept operational all summer was the Free to use neighborhood payphone,  got a POTS line installed with unlimited long distance so that woudn't go away.    And it helped a few people.   A lady left a note saying thanks for the phone cause her car broke down and she forgot her cell charger,  She was able to make a call for help.   It was averaging 20 calls per week at its peak in August.    On christmas eve it will be set up as a direct line to NORAD tracks Santa.   

Attached are pics of the progress so far. 

Hope all is well.  stay safe out there