News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Found - Wanted ===> un needed Western electric 29A key

Started by Key2871, May 05, 2018, 05:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Key2871

I need a western electric 29A key. If you have one that is kicking around, I can use it. I have a dummied lock that I will use it in.
Thanks, Ken
KEN

kleenax

Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Key2871

Well I'm still in need of a 29A key for a dummy lock. Anyone have a stray kicking around?
KEN

kleenax

Quote from: Key2871 on June 12, 2018, 03:14:07 PM
Well I'm still in need of a 29A key for a dummy lock. Anyone have a stray kicking around?
Still in my pocket; sorry!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Haf

There is one on ebay at the moment, $10 + $3 for shipping:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BELL-SYSTEM-WESTERN-ELECTRIC-29A-UPPER-HOUSING-KEY/302769627890

?hash=item467e79e2f2:g:aF8AAOSw-a1bIDQS

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

Payphone installer

There are 50 different 29A keys there is one 29S key. Which one are you after?

Key2871

Ray, says he has a 29A key he's going to send, some time. But I have a dummied lock, 29A that it would be nice to have a key for.
KEN

Payphone installer

Dummy lock will not take a key there is no key that fits the key way. This is what you want to put in it ust contact theseller. The 29B is the same as 29A just made for independent payphone providers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/352315177240

?ViewItem=&item=352315177240

Payphone installer

If you search my osts I have written a lot about the 29A lock. every Bell operating company was different,there is no common key. Here is a pick of everyone. unless you know which lock is in the phone,they are numbered. You will not know and probably cant find the right key.

Key2871

Well this is a lock I got out of a phone that had no key. So I opened it up and removed the pins then put it back together again, except for some marks around the studs that get peened over to lock it up, you can't tell the difference.
And I've been using the vault key or a screwdriver to unlock it. And was just thinking one day, maybe someone here has a key that's kicking around that I can use.
If I could afford it, I'd buy a lock with two keys off the bay and be done. But with extremely limited income, that would be a luxury.
KEN

Key2871

Yes, I have searched your posts, a wealth of information about payphones.
But I need a actual key. Even one that was cut wrong, and was considered junk.
KEN

Payphone installer

But the key will not fit your dummy lock,you understand that correct?

Payphone installer

If it is a 29A not a dummy that you have modified yes I have tons of junk keys. They are 2 bucks each. Plus postage.