News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stormy day in the Phillipines

Started by Phonesrfun, November 08, 2013, 04:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

A few years ago we had a regular poster, Mienacichizu, from the Phillipines.  I hope he dind't blow away.
-Bill G

AE_Collector

Mienacichizu isn't here as often as he used to be but he was logged in sept 30. An EARLY CRPF member as well, Sept 2008. Hope all is well with him!

Terry

Jester

I was just thinking of Ramil, too.  I think our prayers for him and all the Phillipines are the best we can offer.
Stephen

Greg G.

He used to have a blog somewhere because I mentioned it in one of his threads, but now I can't find it. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

mienaichizu

hey hey guys I'm still here! still alive and kicking!
thanks you all for your concern

I am from the island of Luzon and we were not badly hit by the super typhoon Haiyan. Central Philippines was badly hit. Thousands were killed and left homeless. I've seen pictures of the devastated towns most of them we're completely obliterated. Literally nothing was left standing.

Let me also say thank you for all those who reached out and helped the Philippines by sending us relief goods and donations to my fellow countrymen.

mienaichizu

Brinybay, about the blog site I have, it has already been deleted. the site that hosted my blog had shut down

Dennis Markham

Very glad to hear (read) that you are alright, Ramil.  It is awful what the storm has done to so many.  I'm sure the entire world have you all in our thoughts and prayers.

I urge everyone to send a monetary donation to the Philippines if possible.  However small, it all helps.  There are many organizations that are funneling funds to the Philippines, such as the American Red Cross, Unicef and many others.  Some cell phone plans allow you to donate by sending a text and a $10 fee will be added to your bill.

DavePEI

Quote from: mienaichizu on November 13, 2013, 10:29:24 AM
hey hey guys I'm still here! still alive and kicking!
thanks you all for your concern
Thank goodness you are ok, Ramil! Our thoughts and our prayers go out for your fellow countrymen!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

WesternElectricBen

I'm glad you are alright, from what I read in past topics, you are a really nice person. and I like your cat. ;)

Ben

Greg G.

Quote from: mienaichizu on November 13, 2013, 10:32:21 AM
Brinybay, about the blog site I have, it has already been deleted. the site that hosted my blog had shut down

Glad to hear you're ok, did you move your blog to another site?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

mienaichizu

Brinybay, I didn't move my blog, instead  I created a new account at Flickr for photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mienaichizu/