News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The Dial King of AZ Rides Again!!

Started by Doug Rose, March 26, 2016, 03:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I had this old AE21 dial, basically mismatched parts. Janet sent it out on Monday and I got it back on today....Super Service. For $35 he replaced the finger wheel and the dial plate. Added a fingerstop, retainer and a NOS dial card.....AND it works!! What a great sound!!

Craig (stubbypylon) nicely said I needed to get the correct dial on my AE21 stick I just got. He gave me the push to get this done. Now I am like a little kid spinning the dial, spinning the dial!!!

For $35 I sure got a great dial. ....Doug
Kidphone

Fabius

The dial king of AZ is Steve in Salome?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Doug Rose

Tom....one in the same. He is Fabulous not to be confused with Fabius   8).....Doug
Kidphone

Fabius

Quote from: Doug Rose on March 26, 2016, 04:26:31 PM
Tom....one in the same. He is Fabulous not to be confused with Fabius   8).....Doug

He sure is. He's done WECO dials for me. I didn't realize he rebuilt AE dials. I've got a type 21 that needs some help so out it will be going to him. I visited Steve in Salome (I lived in Lake Havasu City, AZ) in the late 1970s and bought a Grey 23D from him. He had bought a bunch of those obsolete payphones and they where all over in his shop. I should of bought a bunch.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905