News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Digi-Key: Great and fast supplier electrical/electronic items

Started by Babybearjs, April 10, 2016, 12:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I was referred to this site by a fellow collector, found what I needed and made a purchase. this is a good site for telephone spade terminals and other parts. they do have quanity discounting.
John

Quote from: Duffy on August 10, 2017, 04:38:10 PM
Thanks Alex,

I ordered a new female adapter in the right size (mini) from Digi-Key today. I'll replace the larger one and keep my fingers crossed that everything works out. :)

Now that was fast! I ordered the adapter from Digi-Key on Thursday afternoon and it arrived at my door on Friday in less than 24 hours.

TelePlay

Quote from: Duffy on August 12, 2017, 09:14:20 AM
Now that was fast! I ordered the adapter from Digi-Key on Thursday afternoon and it arrived at my door on Friday in less than 24 hours.

Where did it ship from? I had the same experience. Order for spade lugs that I placed with their NJ office actually shipped from Chicago, one day delivery. They might have a distribution center in the Toronto area.

Alex G. Bell

Quote from: Duffy on August 12, 2017, 09:14:20 AM
I'm certainly curious to know by what carrier it was shipped.  Some of these companies have special deals with UPS or Fex Ex to ship small parcels overnight without paying for or charging the buyer for overnight service.

Quote from: TelePlay on August 12, 2017, 10:58:55 AM
Where did it ship from? I had the same experience. Order for spade lugs that I placed with their NJ office actually shipped from Chicago, one day delivery. They might have a distribution center in the Toronto area.

Quote from: Alex G. Bell on August 12, 2017, 12:37:01 PM
I'm certainly curious to know by what carrier it was shipped.  Some of these companies have special deals with UPS or Fex Ex to ship small parcels overnight without paying for or charging the buyer for overnight service.

I placed the order at 17:36 on line and it was shipped by FedEx, it was here about 3:00pm Friday.

TelePlay

That is their corporate headquarters, Minnesota. They must have a special deal to get the stuff delivered fast, even if across the border. Being such a large business, FedEx may even have an office in their plant that deals with nothing but their shipments.

From their website:  "At any given time, more than 1,000,000 products are in stock and ready to be shipped from Digi-Key's headquarters in Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA. That means there are no lead times for in-stock products. Having so many products in stock in our expandable distribution space of more than 700,000 square feet (65,032 square meters) allows us to ship 99% of all orders the same day they are placed. On average, Digi-Key ships nearly 15,000 orders per day."

Yes, 15,000 order shipped per day. I imagine they have a real good deal with FedEx including customs clearance in their shipping area.