News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Finlover Does It Again

Started by Dennis Markham, April 12, 2009, 10:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Another nice sales job by Mr. Finlover.  The rookies drove this 1973 Aqua 500 up over $200 before a veteran ended it at $219.50.

http://tinyurl.com/c3c37x

AET

Definately a jim dandy of an aqua phone!
- Tom

McHeath

Hmm.  Awfully blue ain't it?  Like Rudolph's nose you could almost say it glows.

BDM

The pics sold this phone. If the pics were poor, and his name not known. He would have pulled low to mid two digits out of it.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

bingster

The color's gorgeous, but $200 for a '73???  Maybe I'm being silly, but I can't see spending that much on a gold-bottom phone, no matter what the color.
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

You got that right Bingster.  No Gold Bottom phone worth that kind of money.

Dan/Panther

Isn't it mainy the soft plastic phones that lose color. I thought the hard plastic ones maintained color fairly well. All of my hard plastic phone have excellent color.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

mienaichizu

Dennis Markham

Dan, the hard plastic phones discolor as much as soft.  The Princess, Trimlines and 500's all are effected by UV exposure. 

McHeath

Yeah my hard plastic color phones all show some yellowing. 

Tonyrotary

WOW!! That is one great looking phone! Why are gold bottom phones worth less if I may ask? Oh he also has a nice white one too for sale.

Dan/Panther

There is a guy that has this kind of luck selling vintage radios, he claims they are original finish, yet they look showroom new.
He gets upwards of $500-600 for radios, everyone else has trouble getting $100.00 for.
What is it with these people ? I read the ads looking for hints, it must be subliminal ?
I have a302 that I want to put up for auction, but I've put it off because I fear I won't get what I think it's worth.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bingster

Quote from: Tonyrotary on April 13, 2009, 02:59:59 PM
WOW!! That is one great looking phone! Why are gold bottom phones worth less if I may ask? Oh he also has a nice white one too for sale.

It's not so much that the color of the bottom affects the price, but rather the gold bottoms indicate a newer age range that's generally not worth as much money as the older, black bottom phones.
= DARRIN =

Tonyrotary

McHeath

I have my doubts about these phones, they seem too blue, even the background and inside parts seem blueish, I dunno.  But then look at his feedback, 100% love him, if I had the money burning a hole in my pocket I'd buy one of his phones to see what gives.