News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Forum Monikers/Handles/Names

Started by Doug Rose, February 08, 2010, 12:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

I prefer to keep my name private, there's a lot of rather unstable nuts on the web, aswell as data harvesting web bots, so, I prefer to stick with either 2cvbloke or twocvbloke, just googling the latter comes up with all kinds of different results, most I know, but the rest appear to be board readers and youtube video thieving sites, and cos of those I usually keep my name to myself because you never know what they might do with published data... :)

mentalstampede

As I said in my introduction thread, my name is Kenn.

I've been using the handle "mentalstampede" for online purposes for years, so it's just what I usually pick by default when I sign up for a forum. It's unique enough that I have never encountered anyone else using it yet!

My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

Doug Rose

Kenn...welcome to the Forum. It is a GREAT place for the phone collector....Doug
Kidphone

tipnring

I go by     tipnring   and I live in Alberta, Canada. I have a few old sets that I have picked up in my job as a repairman for the telephone company here. Looking forward to the forums and talk on old phones.   

19and41

I spoke of it on another thread, so I guess I got waylaid without explaining my username.  It is the main highway that passes near my home, south of Atlanta.  It is a portion of the Dixie Highway that ran from the northern states to Florida.  It has been disintegrated by the interstate highway system which was started the year I was born, 1956.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

andre_janew

andre_janew is what I got when I signed up on eBay.  I use it on this forum because I'm just too lazy to think of something more exotic or original.  That's the story I'm going with for now.

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dan/Panther on October 18, 2012, 10:41:03 PM
Dan "Panther" Robinson, Esquire

'Blues Guitar player extraordinaire'
I started this thread when I first joined the Forum, glad to see it is over 9K strong.

DP...one of my dearest friends in Telephones is Mark Scola, who is quite the guitarist. He was always sending me recordings. I do love the blues and would love to hear some of your creations...or recreations....Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

I got my handle partly because of WesternElectricBen's username that I found when I was scrolling through the forum before I became a member. Only until recently, I had the longest username on the 9000 registered members here!!!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Doug Rose on November 10, 2015, 05:55:14 PM

I started this thread when I first joined the Forum, glad to see it is over 9K strong.

DP...one of my dearest friends in Telephones is Mark Scola, who is quite the guitarist. He was always sending me recordings. I do love the blues and would love to hear some of your creations...or recreations....Doug

Doug,

If you don't mind, I may occasionally send you recordings of some of my creations, and recreations, as well.

Please, bear in mind, I didn't start playing Blues guitar until 1967, so I only have a 'Learner's Permit.' ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

electric al

My company name was Al's Electric , therefore I got tagged as Electric Al !

I designed my avatar with that in mind , tho I am not left handed !  ;D
Never met a phone I didn't like !

Doug Rose

Quote from: Mr. Bones on November 10, 2015, 09:04:56 PM
Quote from: Doug Rose on November 10, 2015, 05:55:14 PM

Doug,

If you don't mind, I may occasionally send you recordings of some of my creations, and recreations, as well.

Please, bear in mind, I didn't start playing Blues guitar until 1967, so I only have a 'Learner's Permit.' ;)

Best regards!
Bones....I would love it.....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

NorthernElectric

Quote from: electric al on November 11, 2015, 05:18:38 AMI am not left handed !  ;D

Here's right handed Al.   ;D
Cliff

electric al

Thanks !

I have reversed him a few times , but I kind of like him left handed ! He has been left handed for over 30 years ! He is my alter ego !   ;D
Never met a phone I didn't like !

KaiserFrazer67

Hi all,

Thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth:

I also usually like a measure of anonymity when on the Web.  I generally choose a "handle" which describes an aspect of my personality as far as my hobbies are concerned.  I chose "KaiserFrazer67" because those are the kind of cars I like best, having grown up with them and actually owning one (the '54 Kaiser Manhattan in the first picture below).  The "67" refers to my birth year, 1967.  Other usernames I have are "MartinFeather" which is a little more cryptic, and has nothing whatsoever to do with birds...  it describes my 1950 Feather Craft 12-foot aluminum runabout with a 1953 Martin "200" 20-horse outboard on the back (next picture, behind the Kaiser); and "RuppRider73" because I also have an interest in vintage snowmobiles, and had a beautiful 1973 Rupp Nitro 440 for about ten years (last picture).

I usually don't disclose my name or location, but since many of the other members seem to be okay with disclosing more info about themselves, I felt safe enough to do so myself, at least on this forum.  You all seem like a pretty decent bunch of folks, and for that I'm pretty thankful.  That's pretty rare on the Web these days.
-Tom from Oakfield, Wisconsin --  My CO CLLI & switch: OKFDWIXADS0--GTD-5 EAX

"Problems are merely opportunities in workclothes." -Henry J. Kaiser

KaiserFrazer67

Quote from: 19and41 on November 10, 2015, 01:40:24 PM
I spoke of it on another thread, so I guess I got waylaid without explaining my username.  It is the main highway that passes near my home, south of Atlanta.  It is a portion of the Dixie Highway that ran from the northern states to Florida.  It has been disintegrated by the interstate highway system which was started the year I was born, 1956.
Pleased to meet you, 19and41!  I live near the same 41 up here in Wisconsin, although it is now Interstate 41 from the Illinois state line to Green Bay.  North of Green Bay it is still U.S. 41, and becomes 2-lane again as it enters Marinette, Wisconsin, just before it goes into Michigan's Upper Peninsula.  It stays 2-lane (except for some short stretches here and there) all the way to Copper Harbor at the tip of Michigan's Keweenaw Peninsula, where it is at that point little more than a winding, narrow 2-lane paved country road.  It makes a loop at the northern terminus, with a commemorative sign which I've chosen to show below.

So I've had the privilege of driving on U.S. 41 in its entirety from Copper Harbor down to the Illinois state line.  I can tell you that the best part, at least in my opinion, is very definitely in Yooperland!
-Tom from Oakfield, Wisconsin --  My CO CLLI & switch: OKFDWIXADS0--GTD-5 EAX

"Problems are merely opportunities in workclothes." -Henry J. Kaiser