News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Old Switch Box

Started by Dennis Markham, September 13, 2010, 10:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

This topic is an off-shoot of the topic about 4-prong plugs.......

(http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3365.0)

For lack of the proper name of this box, I just called it a switch box.  Perhaps someone knows the real name.

Harry Smith had asked for some additional photos of this switch.  That request gave me an opportunity to take a close look---something I had not done.

It does have a stamped U.S. Patent date of March 6, 1906.  It looks like it is stamped inside as a 378A.  It also appears that there is an old number with a strike-through.  That number looks like 375A.

On the wooden box it is marked on the back as 6002B.  It was originally marked 6002B, that was X'd out and remarked 6002C and then that was X'd out and re-marked 6002B.

Three of the four original blued round-head screws are still with this box.  It is in pretty good shape.  I'll bet the beige paint could be removed.

Dennis Markham

A few additional photos...................

AE_Collector

If it were a GPO part it would be a "Box, switch"!  :)

Terry

HarrySmith

I like it ;D
Very interesting :)
In the original pic I thought it was metal. Very strange to see so many different markings.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

KeithB

I'm with Harry.  I never would have guessed it was made of wood.  It certainly appears to have been used, used, and re-used.  That's quite a testament to the durability of the original design.