Appears to be a D mount so under $40.00 is a good deal ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Sargeguy

I agree that a dial-less D-mount is a good deal for $40, but only if it has an E-1.  I  am hoping for a little bit better deal-a B-mount.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dennis Markham

It's difficult to tell from that photo if it's a round or oval based phone.  Those seem to be difficult to tell sometimes.  Did you ask the seller to look on the base for the designation?  I bought a D1/F1 manual a few weeks ago for $19.95 BIN.  That was a good price.  This is a good price still, even if it's a D1.

http://tinyurl.com/2a9btr9

paul-f

Here's the ebay photo - brighter and with more contrast.

Looks like a D to me.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Sargeguy

Thanks Harry-That definitely looks like a B1!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dennis Markham

The lighter photo has my vote for it being a D1...oval base.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'm wrong about that.  Looks oval to me.

Sargeguy

I have been holding my B1s and D1s up to the screen for the last few minutes and I am starting to unconvince myself.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Phonesrfun

It looks to me like a D.  

The B has a longer neck leading to the cradle, and although the photo makes it look slightly rounder than the typical elipse, it is not perfectly round.

I looked at my own D and B side by side, and to me it is a D
-Bill G

paul-f

Try to ignore the handset and focus on the neck and line between the cradle ears.  The B has a cylindrical bulge that the D lacks.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Sargeguy

I took this photo of my 102 housing at a similar angle to the auction pic.

A comparison side by side seems conclusive for D-1.  I discovered the auction with a few minutes left so I did not ask about the designation.  A closer inspection of the neck makes it a D-1 but I can't quite angle my D-1 to look as round and tall necked as this one. At least I got a D-1 cheap. 

Does anyone want to buy a D-1?  Cheap?  I have about 7 I'm not using.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

deedubya3800

Look for pictures of FDR signing the G.I. Bill, the Lend-Lease Act, or the Declaration of War against Japan. He used a phone virtually just like this one! :)

Greg G.

I learned a new search term: Wow!!!!!!  :D
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e