"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Attending the Lancaster Show

Started by kka2446, May 26, 2015, 03:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kka2446

Hello,
I've never attended the Lancaster TCI Show, but I'm seriously considering driving from CT.  I'll be arriving Sat morning the 13th about 10am which I see is the time the show opens for the 'public' .

My question, dumb as it's sounds with a 10am arrival is it worth the 5 hour drive ? Will I have 'missed out' on a lot of floor activity ?
Typically the shows I've attended in Enfield CT, setup was Friday afternoon, Friday evening the floor was open for dealings with what I believe to be a 12 noon ish load out Sat.

It seems the Lancaster Show follows a similar that format, could someone give me an update, albeit brief about the display, selling etc.  I'll be returning to CT Sat after the show so it will be.

Thanks so much,
John

paul-f

Welcome to the forum, John.

You have probably seen the show schedule and info on the TCI site.
   http://www.telephonecollectors.org/shows/2015/Lancaster/index.htm

You can easily register on-line and have your credentials (as either seller or attendee) ready to get in before 10am. Or you can wait in line and pay at the door.  The "public" in this case typically means those who aren't phone collectors and who may bring in items "off the street" for sale.

Although there is a No Early Sales policy on Friday, note that during set-up there is ample opportunity to "window shop" and for the unscrupulous to cheat the system. The policy is enforced by the honor system. 

Many items trade hands during a feeding frenzy that begins when the doors officially open for sales on Saturday at 7:30am.

In short, you will miss a lot if you arrive at 10am.  Earlier is better.  Friday evening is even better.

I hope to see you there.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Sargeguy

Last year people were packing up at noon on Saturday.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

WesternElectricBen

As Paul said, 'window shopping' is the best idea on Friday night. That is when I'd arrive and spend the night if you could.

Ben

kka2446

Hey Guys,
Thank you for the update on how the Lancaster Show works. It's a bit different ( and larger ) then the former Enfield CT show. I'm now going to arrive late Friday afternoon, 5 o'clock ish.

Just curious, I noticed in the schedule the mention of a 'Traditional Auction' followed by a 'Self-Service' Auction Sat afternoon. Not familiar with these ?   Lastly, Paul-F  I'm the fella that came to your storage facility some years ago and bought 'a bunch' of your WE 5302s.

One more lastly...

Ya know that dreadful saying "Get around to it."  I always said I was going to attend the Lancaster Show when Paul Vaverchak was live, but I never got around to it.  He was such a great friend and inspiration. Paul is greatly missed.     

Thanks,
John 

paul-f

Good plan, John.  I hope to see you at dinner on Friday.

I remember your visit.  You did a great job with the 5302s.  I hardly recognized them by the time you tidied them up (understatement) for the ebay auctions.  You do great work.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line