News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Selfie pics with phones

Started by CanadianGuy, May 29, 2015, 08:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanadianGuy

I just thought of a fun idea. Since I work in people's homes, I'm seeing quite a few rotaries still. I realized it was the perfect opportunity to snap a pic of some old phones. But then I thought I'd make it more interesting by taking a selfie (I hate that word!) of me "using" it!

I don't have the funds to be offering people money for them, and it's probably not appropriate while on the job. Upon mentioning my interest to one elderly lady recently, she said it was her mom's phone, so it had sentimental value.

I think I'll start with a few I've taken recently :) If this is a dumb idea, or if you guys would rather just see the phones, that's ok too!

Oh, and feel free to share yours haha

Edit: 2nd pic reposted below, fixed by TelePlay. Thanks!

WEBellSystemChristian

No, that's a great idea!

I don't know if I'll be  posting anything here ::) but others will probably join in!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

CanadianGuy

So we're over visiting some friends tonight, and my wife's friend says their good friend who works for the phone company gave them a phone "you can hook up to a pole" She then shows me the bag, and I got excited and thought NO WAY, is there a rotary buttset in there?! Sure enough...

Edit: removed attachment, see below.

NorthernElectric

Her ya go CG.  I had 2 choices to look at your photo; crank my neck sideways til it hurt or download the photo and rotate it.  Figured I might as well upload it after I had a look.  I must say, you're getting better at the art of the selfie!  The 1st 2 chopped off part of your head but this one looks like a nicely composed portrait.   :)  I do believe I was looking at an identical contempra style test set to that one 2 weeks ago, but I didn't buy it.
Cliff

twocvbloke

I have to say, the Commodore logo suits that 500 quite nicely, now you just need an Amiga 2500 phone... ;D

CanadianGuy

Thanks for fixing it. I don't think I'll use my phone for posting here. I normally take good pics, really ;) I'm just doing this quick and dirty as they say. Plus I'm not one to stand in front of a mirror. I'll never understand that haha!

TelePlay

I don't know why but have seen it before. If you click on the sideways 2nd photo in the first topic post, it opens up a new window showing the photo in the correct orientation. It has something to do with photos take with phones, but not all the time.

I downloaded and rotated it before adding it to this reply.

CanadianGuy

Thanks again, you're too kind :) Gotta get to work now. Not likely to find any old phones today, though. One is a brand new house and the other is only a few years old. Have a good day everyone!

Dan/Panther

You asked.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson