News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE Multiline Question

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, June 06, 2015, 01:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

I was wondering about when WE switched over from round, clear buttons on multilines to square buttons with red hold? I have an early '64 1565 that has square buttons, and I thought those buttons were released the following year.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

poplar1

1964 is early for any Touch-Tone, since 1963 was the first year of distribution, so congratulations on that.

I don't have any data on your question, but it's doubtful that 1565s with rectangular faceplates ever had round buttons. Perhaps if there existed 1565s with round adapter plates like the early 1500Ds, they had round line buttons?

Also, the  WE separately mounted 6-button keys (6040 and 6041) continued to use round buttons, perhaps to the very end, while Northern Telecom switched to square buttons on the 6040/6041s.

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

podor

I have a '62 565 with the round key buttons, soft plastic housing and black finger wheel. I haven't seen any newer. I'm pretty sure all hard plastic housings were square with red hold key. No civilian TT key set in WE had the round buttons. The 10 button Autovon sets did have round buttons. Check Paul's site to be sure.