News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lime green 554

Started by finlover, September 29, 2010, 12:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finlover

I've mentioned this phone on the forum before but I don't think I've ever posted pictures of it (please forgive me if I have).  This was another ebay find.  When it came to me it was quite dirty, having lived in a garage for much of its life, but as you can see it cleaned up okay.  Not that I complained, but the seller actually felt guilty about its condition and sent a $10 refund, so I've got about $20 in it!  I've seen nice lime green 554s nudge the $300 mark so I feel fortunate.

This is a real love it or hate it color, but like Glenn Close's character in Fatal Attraction, it "WILL NOT BE IGNORED!"  I'm so fond of it that I installed it in a hallway at our house where it gets compliments from (almost) everyone.  I hope you like it! :)

finlover

more

JorgeAmely

Here is his long lost relative. Also from Texas.
Jorge

finlover

JorgeAmely

Mine was extremely dirty. But a good bath every 34 years is good for these phones.

Jorge

Kenny C

I want a lime green so fin and jorge I hate you ;) ;) nah great looking phones
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

finlover

If you like my phone, Kenny, then you'd LOVE my car:

Phonesrfun

They look almost edible, don't they?

-Bill G

finlover

I wonder why?

Phonesrfun

Yes, conditioned response.

-Bill G

Jim Stettler

I am one of the people who like this color. I have a 2554 and a trimline style in this color. The 2554 was a daily driver for years. I only changed it out because I needed a 2 line phone at the time.

ITT may of also made a 554 in this color. They would be unmarked or marked with the ITT logo.

ITT used to make a lot of unmarked plastics. There were a lot of rebuilders and independants that liked unmarked housings.

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

deedubya3800

This is my favorite color! :)

Maybe someday I'll get something in it, but right now, it just couldn't go anywhere.

Kenny C

i think i steped in something yesterday that looked like that car  :o
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan

Amazingly, I have one from Sept 1972, but the handset and cord were replaced in 1977. I can stretch across two rooms. It lasted one week in the kitchen before my wife "settled" for a red WE554.  I got it on ebay, I think it was a buy it now for $69.

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on September 29, 2010, 01:54:02 PM
i think i steped in something yesterday that looked like that car  :o

Kenny:  Very funny!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jorge